Flaw Recovery in Cloud Based Bio-inspired Peer-to-Peer Systems for Smart Cities
Internet of Things and Smart Cities concept have become very well spared in the last years especially with the growth of mobile data bandwidth from 3G to 4G networks. This evolution have led to a new type of ubiquitous connectivity through devices in an unconventional manner. The old, client-server approach is not anymore feasible, therefore the Peer-to-Peer concept must be applied. The most common approach in this case represents Cloud based Peer-to-Peer services. This paper presents SPIDER Peer-to-Peer overlay flaws analysis and several requirements for Peer-to-Peer applications considering those flaws.
KeywordsPeer-to-Peer Bio-inspired Peer-to-Peer overlays Cyber-physical infrastructures Flaw management in Peer-to-Peer systems Cloud based Peer-to-Peer systems
The research presented in this paper is supported by projects: DataWay: Real-time Data Processing Platform for Smart Cities: Making sense of Big Data - PN-II-RU-TE-2014-4-2731; MobiWay: Mobility Beyond Individualism: an Integrated Platform for Intelligent Transportation Systems of Tomorrow - PN-II-PT-PCCA-2013-4-0321; clueFarm: Information system based on cloud services accessible through mobile devices, to increase product quality and business development farms - PN-II-PT-PCCA-2013-4-0870. The research presented in this paper is also supported by project Data4Water, H2020-TWINN-2015 ID. 690900.
We would like to thank the reviewers for their time and expertise, constructive comments and valuable insight.
- 1.Alghazawy, B.A., Fujita, S.: A scheme for maximal resource utilization in peer-to-peer live streaming. arXiv preprint arXiv:1510.02138 (2015)
- 2.Andersen, M.P., Fierro, G., Culler, D.E.: Enabling synergy in iot: platform to service and beyond. In: 2016 IEEE First International Conference on Internet-of-Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI), pp. 1–12. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Bojan, V.C., Raducu, I.G., Pop, F., Mocanu, M., Cristea, V.: Architecture design of pattern detection system for smart cities datasets. In: 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), pp. 403–408. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Brienza, S., Cebeci, S.E., Masoumzadeh, S.S., Hlavacs, H., Özkasap, Ö., Anastasi, G.: A survey on energy efficiency in p2p systems: file distribution, content streaming, and epidemics. ACM Comput. Surv. (CSUR) 48(3), 36 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Chilipirea, C., Ursache, A., Popa, D.O., Pop, F.: Energy efficiency and robustness for IoT: building a smart home security system. In: 2016 IEEE 12th International Conference on Intelligent Computer Communication and Processing (ICCP), pp. 43–48. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Coradeschi, S., Cesta, A., Cortellessa, G., Coraci, L., Gonzalez, J., Karlsson, L., Furfari, F., Loutfi, A., Orlandini, A., Palumbo, F., et al.: Giraffplus: combining social interaction and long term monitoring for promoting independent living. In: 2013 6th International Conference on Human System Interactions (HSI), pp. 578–585. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Mocanu, B., Mureean, V., Mocanu, M., Cristea, V.: Cloud live streaming system based on auto-adaptive overlay for cyber physical infrastructure. In: Proceedings of the Third International Workshop on Adaptive Resource Management and Scheduling for Cloud Computing, pp. 52–58. ACM (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Mocanu, B., Pop, F., Mocanu, A.M., Dobre, C., Cristea, V.: Spider: a bio-inspired structured peer-to-peer overlay for data dissemination. In: 2015 10th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing (3PGCIC), pp. 291–295. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Mocanu, M., Cristea, V., Negru, C., Pop, F., Ciobanu, V., Dobre, C.: Cloud-based architecture for farm management. In: 2015 20th International Conference on Control Systems and Computer Science (CSCS), pp. 814–819. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Morosan, A.-G., Pop, F., Arion, A.-F.: Electric mobility in green and smart cities. In: Xhafa, F., Barolli, L., Amato, F. (eds.) Advances on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing. LNDECT, vol. 1, pp. 173–184. Springer, Cham (2017). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-49109-7_17 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Pop, F., Dobre, C., Mocanu, B.C., Citoteanu, O.M., Xhafa, F.: Trust models for efficient communication in mobile cloud computing and their applications to e-commerce. Enterp. Inf. Syst. 10(9), 1–19 (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Wichtlhuber, M., Richerzhagen, B., Rückert, J., Hausheer, D.: Transit: supporting transitions in peer-to-peer live video streaming. In: 2014 IFIP Networking Conference, pp. 1–9. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar