Combinatorial Modeling Approach to Find Rational Ways of Energy Development with Regard to Energy Security Requirements
This paper describes the model, methods and tools to find rational ways of the energy development with regard to energy security requirements. As known, energy security is directly related to the uninterrupted energy supply. It is important to choose rational ways of the energy development with ensuring energy security in the future. A number of the specific external condition combinations of energy sector operation and development taking into account uncertainties and other factors leads to a huge possible energy sector states set. Therefore it cannot be processed in reasonable time. To overcome this issue an approach of combinatorial modeling is applied to manage the growing size of the energy sector states set.
KeywordsEnergy security Combinatorial modeling Distributed computing
The research was supported by Russian Foundation of Basic Research, projects no. 15-29-07955-ofi_m and no. 16-07-00931-a, and partially supported by the Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation for state support of the leading scientific schools, project NSh-8081.2016.9.
- 1.Voropai, N.I., Klimenko, S.M., Krivorutsky, L.D., Pyatkova, N.I., Rabchuk, V.I., Senderov, S.M., Trufanov, V.V., Cheltsov, M.B.: Comprehensive substantiation of the adaptive devel-opment of energy systems in terms of changing external conditions. Int. J. Glob. Energy Issue 20(4), 416–424 (2003)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Rostamihozori, N.: Development of energy and emission control strategies for Iran. Ph.D. dissertation. Karlsruhe (2002)Google Scholar
- 9.Beeck, N.: Classification of Energy Models. Tilburg University (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Golodnikov, A., Gritsevskii, A., Messner, S.: A stochastic Version of the Dynamic Linear Programming Model MESSEGE III. WP-95-94. IIASA, Luxemburg (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Messner, S., Strubegger, M.: Users Guide for MESSAGE III. WP-95-69. IIASA Luxemburg (1995)Google Scholar
- 12.Broek, V., Oostvoorn, M.F., Harmelen, T., Arkel, W.: The EC Energy and Environmental Model EFOM-ENV Specified in GAMS. The case of the Netherlands. ECN-report, no. ECN-C-92-003. Petten (1992)Google Scholar
- 13.The EC Energy and Environmental model EFOM-ENV/GAMS. Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN (1991)Google Scholar
- 16.Oparin, G.A., Feoktistov, A.G., Sidorov, I.A.: Developing and applying of distributed soft-ware packages. Softw. Syst. 2, 108–111 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Irkutsk Supercomputer Center. http://hpc.icc.ru