The Service-Oriented Multiagent Approach to High-Performance Scientific Computing
The tools for intelligent management of high-performance computing in a heterogeneous distributed computing environment for solving large scientific problems are represented and the service-oriented multiagent approach to solve such problems using these tools is proposed. A purpose of our research is expansion of opportunities for management of the considered environment. Advantages of the proposed approach as compared with approaches based on use of the traditional systems for a distributed computing management are illustrated with two examples of scientific services. Experimental results show a high scalability and efficiency for calculations carried out with use of these services.
KeywordsScientific services High-performance computing Agents
The research was supported by Russian Foundation of Basic Research, projects no. 15-29-07955-ofi_m and no. 16-07-00931-a, and partially supported by the Council for Grants of the President of the Russian Federation for state support of the leading scientific schools, project NSh-8081.2016.9.
- 1.Gergel, V.P., Linev, A.V.: Exaflop Performance of Supercomputers: Challenges and Trends. Vestnik of Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod, no. 3–1, pp. 189–198 (2012). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Shamakina, A.V.: Survey on distributed computing technologies. Bull. South Ural State Univ. Ser. Comput. Math. Softw. Eng. 3, 51–85 (2014). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 3.Wu, L., Garg, S.K., Buyya, R.: Service level agreement (SLA) based SaaS cloud management system. In: 21st IEEE International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp. 14–17. IEEE Press, Melbourne (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.PBS Works. http://www.pbsworks.com/
- 5.GridWay. http://www.gridway.org/doku.php
- 8.Buyya, R., Venugopal, S.: Market-oriented grid and global grids: an introduction. In: Buyya, R., Bubendorfer, K. (eds.) Market-Oriented Grid and Utility Computing, pp. 3–27. Wiley, Hoboken (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Kalyaev, A.I., Kalyaev, I.A., Korovin, S.J.: Method of multiagent dispatching resources in heterogeneous cloud environments while performing flow of incoming tasks. Herald Comput. Inf. Technol. 137, 31–40 (2015). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 12.Kravari, K., Bassiliades, N.: A Survey of Agent Platforms. http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/18/1/11.html
- 13.Buyya, R., Vecchiola, C., Selvi, S.T.: Mastering Cloud Computing. Morgan Kaufmann, Burlington (2013)Google Scholar
- 22.Bogdanova, V.G., Gorsky, S.A., Pashinin, A.A.: Service-oriented toolkit for solving of Boolean satisfiability problem. Fundam. Res. 2–6, 1151–1156 (2015). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 24.Irkutsk Supercomputer Center. http://hpc.icc.ru