Regularization Methods of the Continuation Problem for the Parabolic Equation
We investigate the one-dimensional continuation problem (the Cauchy problem) for the parabolic equation with the data on the part of the boundary. For numerical solution we apply finite-difference scheme inversion, the singular value decomposition and the gradient method of the minimizing the goal functional. The comparative analysis of numerical methods are presented.
KeywordsContinuation problem Parabolic equation Numerical methods
The work was supported by the RFBR (grants 14-01-00208, 16-01-00755 and 16-29-15120), the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (project 1746/GF4).
- 2.Belonosov, A.S.: Two theorems about uniqueness of the continuation of the solutions for the parabolic equation. Math. Probl. Geophys. 5, 30–45 (1974). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 4.Alifanov, O.M., Artukhin, E.A., Rumyantcev, S.V.: Extreme Methods for Solving Ill-Posed Problems with Applications to Inverse Heat Transfer Problems. Begell House, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 11.Epov, M.I., Eltsov, I.N., Kabanikhin, S.I., Shishlenin, M.A.: The recovering the boundary conditions in the near-wellbore in an inaccessible part of the boundary. Sib. Electron. Math. Rep. 8, C.400–C.410 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Epov, M.I., Eltsov, I.N., Kabanikhin, S.I., Shishlenin, M.A.: The combined formulation of the two inverse problems of geoelectrics. Sib. Electron. Math. Rep. 8, C.394–C.399 (2011)Google Scholar
- 16.Shishlenin, M.A.: Matrix method in inverse source problems. Sib. Electron. Math. Rep. 11, C.161–C.171 (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Kabanikhin, S.I., Shishlenin, M.A., Nurseitov, D.B., Nurseitova, A.T., Kasenov, S.E.: comparative analysis of methods for regularizing an initial boundary value problem for the Helmholtz equation. J. Appl. Math. 7 (2014). doi: 10.1155/2014/786326
- 19.Belonosov, A.S., Shishlenin, M.A.: Continuation problem for the parabolic equation with the data on the part of the boundary. Sib. Electron. Math. Rep. 11, C.22–C.34 (2014)Google Scholar