Algorithms for Numerical Simulation of Non-stationary Neutron Diffusion Problems
The paper is devoted to the issues of modelling the reactor dynamics using multi-group neutron diffusion approximation. Two schemes for the time approximation were considered, namely, an implicit and an explicit-implicit one. For the numerical solution a finite element software was developed based on the package FEniCS and the spectral problems library SLEPc. The code Gmsh is used for the mesh generation. Numerical tests were performed to analyse a regular mode of the VVER-type reactor model.
KeywordsNeutron Flux Spectral Problem Neutron Generation Regular Mode Neutron Transport
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (project 16-08-01215) and by the Scientific and Educational Foundation for Young Scientists of Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) 201604010207.
- 2.Bell, G.I., Glasstone, S.: Nuclear Reactor Theory. Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, New York (1970)Google Scholar
- 4.Campos, C., Roman, J., Romero, E., Tomas, A.: SLEPc Users Manual (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Chao, Y.A., Shatilla, Y.A.: Conformal mapping and hexagonal nodal methods-II: Implementation in the ANC-H Code. Nucl. Sci. Eng. 121, 210–225 (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Goluoglu, S., Dodds, H.L.: A time-dependent, three-dimensional neutron transport methodology. Nucl. Sci. Eng. 139(3), 248–261 (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Luikov, A.: Analytical Heat Diffusion Theory. Academic Press, London (1968)Google Scholar