Experimental and Numerical Research of Renovated Pipeline Prototype with Surface Defect
For experimental and numerical investigation of the repaired pipeline prototype, the small-scale vessel model was produced. At the first stage of the experiment, the deformed state of the vessel with an artificially created surface defect was studied by the tensometry method. At the second stage, a fiberglass wrap was installed on the steel vessel together with the system of strain gages. The prototype of the pipeline was loaded with internal pressure. Finite-element modeling of both stages of the experiment was performed to compare the theoretical and experimental data.
KeywordsPipelines Surface defect Composite wrap
- 1.H. Altenbach, D. Beschetnikov, G. Lvov, K. Naumenko, V. Sukiasov, Kontakt Wechselwirkungeiner Rohrleitungmit der Reparatur Bandage Auseinem Komposit Werkstoff, Forschungim. Ingenieurwesen. 78(1–2), 59 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.E. Barkanov, D. Beschetnikov, G. Lvov, Effect of technological tensioning on the efficiency of reinforcement of pipelines with composite bands, Mech. Compos. Mater. 50(6), 725 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.G. Lvov, Investigation of the contact interaction between nonlinear elastic shells of finite shear rigidity and punches. Int. Appl. Mech. 20, 246 (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.A.A. Lyapin, M.I. Chebakov, A. Dumitrescu, Gh. Zecheru, Finite element modeling of pipeline with volumetric defect, in Proceedings of Universities of North Caucasus Region, Nat. Sci. 2, 24 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.A.A. Lyapin, M.I. Chebakov, A. Dumitrescu, G. Zecheru, Finite element modeling of damaged pipeline including polymer filler and composite wrap, Mech. Compos. Mater. 51(3), 333 (2015)Google Scholar