Advanced Manufacturing and Industrie 4.0 for SME
Technological development is driven by the need of permanent improvements in terms of productivity, functionality and quality. Large companies have the economical power for the practical realization for further developments such as new strategic goals like Industrie 4.0. This situation is fortunately given in SMEs but at the same time most of the innovations are developed in small companies which leads to the conclusion that especially in the starting phase small companies need special external support. The paper will describe made experience in the field of Advanced Manufacturing including some examples.
KeywordsAdvanced manufacturing CNC CIM CAD/CAM PLM Additive manufacturing Smart factory CPPS Industrie 4.0
- 1.GTI: investing innovation internationalize. Industry clusters in Eastern Germany. www.powerhouse-eastern-germany.de/en
- 2.Kovacs GL, Kochan D Digital product and process development systems. Springer, HeiderlbergGoogle Scholar
- 3.Bundesministerium für bildung und forschung: industrie 4.0 innovationen für die produktion von morgen. www.bmbf.de
- 4.Kochan D, Miksche R (2013) Session keynote: additive manufacturing for new thermal forming process chains. In: Coma’16 international conference on competitive manufacturing, 27–29 January 2016Google Scholar
- 5.Miksche R, Kochan D Additive manufacturing for improved Al and Mg-parts. In: Coma’16 international conference on competitive manufacturing, 27–29 January 2016Google Scholar