Finite Element Homogenization of Periodic Block Masonry by the Effective Moduli Method
- 1.3k Downloads
The study is devoted to the determination of the effective material properties of masonry based on its internal structure. Masonry is considered as a periodic composite consisting of bricks and mortar. According to the classical method of determining effective moduli for composites, in order to describe internal microstructure we consider a representative volume cell, which enables us to determine effective properties of an equivalent anisotropic material. The problem for the representative volume cell is simulated and analyzed using finite element method.
The first author would like to acknowledge the support from Southern Federal University.
- 7.B. Klusemann, B. Svendsen, Techn. Mech. 30(4), 374 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.P.G. Rivieccio, Homogenization Strategies and Computational Analyses for Masonry Structures via Micro-mechanical Approach, Ph.D. Thesis, Ingegneria delle Costruzioni, 2006Google Scholar
- 12.N. Kumar, H. Lambadi, M. Pandey, A. Rajagopal, Int. J. Comp. Methods Eng. Sci. Mech. 17(1), 7 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.R.M. Christensen, Mechanics of Composite Materials (Krieger Publishing Company, 1991), 348 pGoogle Scholar
- 14.ANSYS Mechanical APDL Theory Reference. ANSYS Rel. 14.5 (Canonsburg: ANSYS Inc., 2012)Google Scholar