Using IPython for Teaching Web Scraping
Web scraping constitutes an indispensable part of information gathering and data intelligence. IPython has been the de facto project for data science since 2001. In this chapter, IPython is employed to support educators in teaching the fundamentals of web scraping. The authors identify providing detailed labs as free online resources together with model answers as the main contribution of this chapter.
KeywordsWeb scraping IPython Education Learning
- 1.Le QT, Pishva D (2015) Application of web scraping and Google API service to optimize convenience stores’ distribution. In: 17th International conference on advanced communication technology (ICACT). pp 478–482Google Scholar
- 3.Malik SK, Rizvi S (2011) Information extraction using web usage mining, web scraping and semantic annotation. In: Proceedings of the 2011 international conference on computational intelligence and communication networks. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, pp 465–469Google Scholar
- 5.Rossant C (2014) IPython interactive computing and visualization cookbook. Packt PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 6.Martins LF (2014) IPython notebook essentials. Packt PublishingGoogle Scholar
- 7.Rossant C (2015) Learning IPython for interactive computing and data visualization 2nd edn. Packt PublishingGoogle Scholar