Is Merger Mania a Disease?
- 404 Downloads
Chapter 7 covers one of the worst problems of our society: merger mania.
KeywordsSmall Firm Entrepreneurial Activity Innovation Activity Entrepreneurial Orientation Merger Activity
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Bloomberg Businessweek (2015). Pfizer’s 160 billion dollar change of address. 10 December, 24–26.Google Scholar
- Bloomberg, L. P. (2015). Merger volume graph for North America from 2005 to 2015. Bloomberg Database, Jacksonville, FL, August.Google Scholar
- Christensen, Clayton M. (2003). The Innovator’s Dilemma, New York: Harper Business Essentials.Google Scholar
- Conanor, William S., and Scherer, F. M. (2013). Mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry. Journal of Health Education, 32, 1, 106–113.Google Scholar
- Foroohar, Rana (2014). Wall Street’s values are sharing American business. Time, 184, 3, 14.Google Scholar
- Fridman, Yair, Carneli, Abraham, Troher, Ashar, and Shimazu, Katsuhiko (2015). Untangling macro behavioral sources of failures in mergers and acquisitions: A theoretical integration and extension. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, Jun. 19, 2339–2369.Google Scholar
- Jordan, Avon (2016). How mergers change economy. New York Times, 10 November.Google Scholar
- Kanter, Rosabeth M. (2012). Enriching the ecosystem. Harvard Business Review, 90, 3, 140–147.Google Scholar
- Kao, John (2007). Innovation Nation, New York: Free Press.Google Scholar
- Kern, Benjamin R. (2011). Innovation markets, future markets or potential competition? How should competition authorities account for innovative competition in mergers?. Law and Economics, 37, 2, 173–206.Google Scholar
- Krug, Jeffrey A., Wright, Peter, and Kroll, Mark (2013). Top management turnover following mergers and acquisitions: Solid research to date but still much to be learned. Academy of Management Perspectives 3015 1, 30–46.Google Scholar
- Kwoka, John, Einer R. Elhauge, ed. (2015). Mergers that eliminate potential competition. Research Handbook on the Economics of Antitrust Law. Northampton: Edward Elgar Publishing, 90–108.Google Scholar
- Lauren, Carol (2014). Is there a corporate tax break that ships jobs overseas?, Politifact, Tampa Bay Times, 16 September.Google Scholar
- Majumdar, S. K., Moussawi, R., and Yaylacicegi, V. (2014). Do incumbents’ merger influence entrepreneurial entity: An evaluation. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice, 38, 601–663.Google Scholar
- Rauch, Andreas et al.. (2013).National culture and cultural orientations of owners affecting the innovation-growth relationship in five countries. Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 25, 9, 737–755.Google Scholar
- Samli, A. Coskun (2016). Empowering the Market Economy, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Symposium (2014). Does innovation lead to prosperity for all? International Economy, 28, 2.Google Scholar
© The Author(s) 2017