Sketching for Nearfield Acoustic Imaging of Heavy-Tailed Sources
- 1.5k Downloads
We propose a probabilistic model for acoustic source localization with known but arbitrary geometry of the microphone array. The approach has several features. First, it relies on a simple nearfield acoustic model for wave propagation. Second, it does not require the number of active sources. On the contrary, it produces a heat map representing the energy of a large set of candidate locations, thus imaging the acoustic field. Second, it relies on a heavy-tail \(\alpha \)-stable probabilistic model, whose most important feature is to yield an estimation strategy where the multichannel signals need to be processed only once in a simple online procedure, called sketching. This sketching produces a fixed-sized representation of the data that is then analyzed for localization. The resulting algorithm has a small computational complexity and in this paper, we demonstrate that it compares favorably with state of the art for localization in realistic simulations of reverberant environments.
KeywordsCandidate Location Direct Model Acoustic Model Microphone Array Steering Vector
This work was partly supported by the research programme KAMoulox (ANR-15-CE38-0003-01) and EDiSon3D (ANR-13-CORD-0008-01) funded by ANR, the French State agency for research.
- 2.Habets, E.A.P.: Room impulse response (RIR) generator (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Ito, N., Araki, S., Nakatani, T.: Complex angular central Gaussian mixture model for directional statistics in mask-based microphone array signal processing. In: 2016 24th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO), pp. 1153–1157. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Keriven, N., Bourrier, A., Gribonval, R., Pérez, P.: Sketching for large-scale learning of mixture models. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 6190–6194, May 2016Google Scholar
- 7.Liutkus, A., Badeau, R.: Generalized Wiener filtering with fractional power spectrograms. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), pp. 266–270, April 2015Google Scholar
- 9.Liutkus, A., Fitzgerald, D., Badeau, R.: Cauchy nonnegative matrix factorization. In: Proceedings of IEEE Workshop on Applications of Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics (WASPAA), pp. 1–5, October 2015Google Scholar
- 13.Samoradnitsky, G., Taqqu, M.: Stable Non-Gaussian Random Processes: Stochastic Models with Infinite Variance, vol. 1. CRC Press, Boca Raton (1994)Google Scholar
- 18.Williams, E.: Fourier Acoustics: Sound Radiation and Nearfield Acoustical Holography. Academic Press, London (1999)Google Scholar