Framing the Study of CCT Cases
Paves the way for the study of specific conditional cash transfer (CCT) cases, where the interest lies mainly in analyzing how CCTs and education policy have interrelated. The chapter briefly introduces the theories and concepts that framed the study of cases. It also explains the methodology used in the comparative study, so as to establish the credibility of its results.
- Baumgartner, F., & Jones, B. (1993). Agendas and instability in American politics. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Baumgartner, F., & Jones, B. (2002). Policy dynamics. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Baumgartner, F., & Jones, B. (2005). The politics of attention: How government prioritizes problems. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.Google Scholar
- Castells, M. (1998). Hacia el Estado Red (Towards the Network State). Unpublished manuscript presented at the International Seminar on Society and State Reform, São Paulo, March 2008, 26–28.Google Scholar
- Henig, J. (2008). Spin cycle. How research is used in policy debates: The case of charter schools. New York: Russel Sage Foundation.Google Scholar
- Henig, J., Hula, R., Orr, M., & Pedescleaux, D. (1999). The color of school reform: Race, politics, and the challenge of urban education. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Henig, J. R., & Rich, W. C. (2004). Mayors in the middle: Politics, race, and mayoral control of urban schools. Princeton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Hess, F., & Henig, J. (2008). ‘Scientific research’ and policymaking: A tool, not a crutch. Education Week. Retrieved February 12, 2008, from http://www.edweek.org/login.html?source=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edweek.org%2Fsearch.html%3Fqs%3DHenig&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.edweek.org%2Few%2Farticles%2F2008%2F02%2F06%2F22hess.h27.html%3Fqs%3DHenig&levelId=2100&baddebt=false.
- Kraft, M., & Furlong, S. (2007). Public policy: Politics, analysis, and alternatives. Washington, DC: CQ Press.Google Scholar
- Levy, S. (2006). Progress against poverty: Sustaining Mexico’s Progresa-Oportunidades program. Washington, DC: Brookings Institution Press.Google Scholar
- Martins, H. F. (2009). Gestão Pública Contemporânea [Contemporary public management]. São Paulo: Editora Thomson-Cengage.Google Scholar
- Mayer, P., & Morais de Sa e Silva, M. (2008). Bogotá equity in education: Conditional subsidies for school attendance and postsecondary study. A qualitative evaluation. Unpublished manuscript.Google Scholar
- Morais de Sa e Silva, M. (2008). New York’s brand-new conditional cash transfer programme: What if it succeeds? International Poverty Centre One Pager, 60.Google Scholar
- National Commission on Excellence in Education. (1983). A nation at risk. Retrieved November 5, 2008, from http://www.ed.gov/pubs/NatAtRisk/index.html.
- Pons, X., & van Zanten, A. (2007). Knowledge circulation, regulation and governance. Literature review (part 6). Louvain: EU Research Project, Knowledge and Policy in Education and Health Sectors. Retrieved from http://www.knowandpol.eu.
- Sabatier, P. (1999). The need for better theories. In P. Sabatier (Ed.), Theories of the policy process (pp. 3–17). Boulder: Westview Press.Google Scholar
- Sabatier, P., & Jenkins-Smith, P. (1993). Policy change and learning: An advocacy coalition approach. Boulder: Westview Press.Google Scholar
- Sabatier, P., & Jenkins-Smith, P. (1999). The advocacy coalition framework: An assessment. In P. Sabatier (Ed.), Theories of the policy process (pp. 117–168). Boulder: Westview Press.Google Scholar
- Saravia, E. (2007). Introdução à teoria da Política Pública. In E. Saravia & E. Ferrarezi (Ed.), Políticas Públicas (pp. 21–42). Brasilia: ENAP.Google Scholar
- Steiner-Khamsi, G. (2009). Knowledge-based regulation and the politics of international comparison. Nordisk Pedagogik, 28, 61–71.Google Scholar
- Stone, C. (2005). Civic capacity: What, why and from whence. In S. Fuhrman & M. Lazerson (Eds.). The public schools (pp. 209–235). Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Stone, C., Henig, J., Jones, B., & Pierannunzi, C. (2001). Building civic capacity: The politics of reforming urban schools. Lawrence: University Press of Kansas.Google Scholar
- Stone, D. (2002). Policy paradox: The art of political decision-making. New York: Norton.Google Scholar
- UNESCO. (2008). EFA Global Monitoring Report. Education for all by 2015. Will we make it? Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar