Power Efficiency and Scheduling Access to the Archive
- 601 Downloads
Available storage systems offer different levels of interplay between data security and long term storage costs. The archive management system must ensure not only the best possible values of both criteria, but also allow to specify decision maker preferences regarding their importance. The chapter describes in detail the problem of managing hardware and data in the CREDO archive system. It elaborates on needed assumptions and presents sophisticated scheduling algorithm for the management of archive operations.
KeywordsScheduling Algorithm Total Operation Cost Data Carrier Construction Heuristics Automated Tape Library
- 1.Braesel, H., Herms, A., Moerig, M., Tautenhahn, T., Tusch, J., Werner, F., Heuristic constructive algorithms for open shop scheduling to minimize mean flow time, European Journal of Operational Research, 189(3):856–870, 2008.Google Scholar
- 2.Ehrgott, M., Multicriteria Optimization, 2005, Springer.Google Scholar
- 3.Gandibleux, X., Multiple Criteria Optimization: State of the Art Annotated Bibliographic Surveys, Springer, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.Klein, A., Q1 2016 Hard Drive Stats, Backblaze 2016, http://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016.
- 5.Legriel, J., Multi-Criteria Optimization and its Application to Multi-Processor Embedded Systems, Ph.D. Thesis, Universite de Grenoble, 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.Ogryczak, W., Equity, Fairness and Multicriteria Optimization, Multiple Criteria Decision Making, University of Economics in Katowice, 1:185-199, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.Semančo, P., Modrák, V., A Comparison of Constructive Heuristics with the Objective of Minimizing Makespan in the Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem, Acta Polytechnica Hungarica, 9(5):177-190, 2012.Google Scholar