CREDO Repository Architecture
- 599 Downloads
A long-term archive has to be designed in such a way that it can function for decades, despite changes in technology and methods of storage. As the technology rapidly changes, we cannot assume any currently designed module of the archive to be permanent. Therefore, an architecture of the archive has to enable quite easy and safe exchange of system modules and smooth cooperation between older and newer solutions and technologies. The architecture itself should be as stable as possible. The chapter presents assumptions and some details of the architecture of the CREDO archive. Subsystems of the archive are described and currently used technologies are briefly discussed.
KeywordsVirtual Private Network Loose Coupling Oracle Database Data Carrier Management Subsystem
- 1.Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems: Reference model for an open archival information system (OAIS). Recommended practice. (2012). http://public.ccsds.org/pubs/650x0m2.pdf. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 2.World Wide Web Consortium (W3C): Extensible markup language (XML) 1.0 (fifth edition) (2008). http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 3.World Wide Web Consortium (W3C): XML Schema version 1.1 (2012). http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 4.World Wide Web Consortium (W3C): Namespaces in XML 1.0 (third edition) (2009). http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 5.World Wide Web Consortium (W3C): XQuery 1.0: An XML query language (second edition) (2010). http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 6.Library of Congress: Metadata encoding & transmission standard. http://www.loc.gov/standards/mets. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 7.PREMIS Editorial Committee: PREMIS data dictionary for preservation metadata (2012). http://www.loc.gov/standards/premis/v2/premis-2-2.pdf. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 8.The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7 (2013). http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 9.Skytechnology Ltd. (2016). http://skytechnology.pl. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 10.About MooseFS. http://www.moosefs.org. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 11.Filesystem in userspace (FUSE). http://github.com/libfuse/libfuse. Access: 2016-10-25.
- 12.Oracle Corp.: Oracle application express. http://apex.oracle.com. Access: 2016-10-31.