Reflections on the Theme of the Poster
It is a pleasure to be allowed to speak at this celebration of Jack Milnor’s “coming of age”. For aren’t these occasions reserved for the younger generation, the students of the honoree? But of course under the rubric of Jack’s students we are all eminently qualified, regardless of age.
- 1. R. Bott, Two new combinatorial invariants for polyhedra, Portugalia Math 11, Fasc. 1 (1950), 35-40.Google Scholar
- T. Kohno, Topological invariants of 3-manifolds using representations of mapping class groups I (to appear).Google Scholar
- W. B. R. Lickorish, Three-manifolds and the Temperley-Lieb algebra (to appear).Google Scholar
- N. Reshetikhin and V. G. Turaev, Ribbon graphs and their invariants derived from quantum groups, Comm. Math. Phys. 198.Google Scholar
- V. G. Turaev and O. V. Viro, State sum invariants of3-manifolds and quantum 6j symbols, (1960) Preprint.Google Scholar
- Keven Walker, On Witten 's3-manifold invariants, Pre print, MSRI (1990).Google Scholar