Establishment of Optimal Control Strategy of Building-Integrated Photovoltaic Blind Slat Angle by Considering Interior Illuminance and Electricity Generation
- 2.2k Downloads
A building-integrated photovoltaic blind (BIPB), in which blind and PV system is combined to generate energy in the building exterior and reduce the heating and cooling load in building by shading function. This study aimed to establish the optimal control strategy of BIPB slat angle by considering interior illuminance and electricity generation. First, in terms of interior illuminance considering overall light (i.e., daylight and artificial illumination) and electricity generation from BIPB, it was determined that the optimal blind slat angle is 80° at all time. Second, in terms of interior illuminance considering daylight and electricity generation from BIPB, it was determined that the optimal blind slat angle is 10° (9:00), 20° (10:00–11:00, 14:00–15:00) and 30° (12:00–13:00). Based on results of this study, effective use of BIPB can be induced by providing information for optimal blind slat angle to users that are considering BIPB implementation.
KeywordsOptimization Building-integrated photovoltaic blind Electricity generation Interior illuminance
This work was supported by the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF) grant funded by the Korea government (MSIP; Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning) (NRF-2015R1A2A1A05001657).
- 1.Korea Energy Economics Institute (KEEI): Energy demand outlook (2015)Google Scholar
- 2.Korea Institute of Energy Research: New & renewable energy white paper (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.The Act on the Promotion of Green Buildings: Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport. MOLIT, Sejong (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Hong, T., Koo, C., Oh, J., Jeong, K.: Nonlinearity analysis of the shading effect on the technical-economic performance of the building-integrated photovoltaic blind. Appl. Energy (2016, in press)Google Scholar
- 7.Seoul Haengdang Elementary School. http://hd.es.kr/index/index.do. Accessed 06 Oct 16
- 8.Korean Agency for Technology and Standards. https://standard.go.kr/. Accessed 06 Oct 16