Energy Retrofitting and Social Housing Instrumentation Attending Passive Criteria. Case Study in Winter
This paper analyzes the conditions of interior comfort in passive houses in winter, depending on the daily variation of indoor air temperature under sealed envelope conditions. Shows, based on data obtained by real-time instrumentation of the rehabilitated housing, that is possible to achieve comfort conditions compatible with energy poverty situations in winter, without active cooling systems. Proposes the adaptation of passivhaus standard for energy rehabilitation of existing buildings, focusing actions on improving the quality and continuity of the thermal envelope, minimizing air infiltration and ensuring indoor air quality by installing an air ventilation system with double flow heat recovery.
KeywordsEnergy efficiency Indoor facilities Nearly zero energy buildings (NZEB) Passivhaus Energy rehabilitation Energy poverty Energy wreck Energy instrumentation
The authors would like to thank the ERDF of European Union for financial support via project “EREBA2020” of the “Programa Operativo FEDER de Andalucía 2007–2013”. We also thank all Public Works Agency and Regional Ministry of Public Works and Housing of the Regional Government of Andalusia staff and researchers for their dedication and professionalism. Similarly to Soudal and Weber, and especially LAR Architecture , Isover and Saban Construciones for their collaboration in the implementation phase of the work of energy rehabilitation of housing.
- Blunden K (2009) Building research housing group. Build Eng 84(8):29Google Scholar
- Brew JS (2011) Achieving Passivhaus standard in North America: lessons learned. Paper presented at the ASHRAE TransactionsGoogle Scholar
- Cagna J (2012) Montgomery primary school, exete a lesson to be learned. Build Eng 87(7):18–20Google Scholar
- de Fomento M (2006) Código Técnico de la Edificación. CTE-DB-HEGoogle Scholar
- De Luxan Garcia De Diego M, Gómez Muñoz G, Román López E (2015) Towards new energy accounting in residential building. Informes de la Construccion 67(Extra1). doi: 10.3989/ic.14.059
- Instituto Nacional de Estadísticas (2011) Censo de población y viviendasGoogle Scholar
- Ministerio de Obras Públicas y Urbanismo (1979) NBE-CT-79Google Scholar
- Ramon AP, Burgos AC (2008) Moving the entire building sector towards low CO2 emissions. Paper presented at the PLEA 2008—Towards zero energy building: 25th PLEA international conference on passive and low energy architecture, conference proceedingsGoogle Scholar
- Suárez R, Fragoso J (2016) Estrategias pasivas de optimización energética de la vivienda social en clima mediterráneo. Informes de la Construcción 68(541). doi:10.3989Google Scholar
- Terrados-Cepeda FJ, Baco-Castro L, Moreno-Rangel D (2015) Patio 2.12: prefabricated, sustainable, self-sufficient and energy efficient house. Participation in the 2012 Solar Decathlon Competition. Informes de la Construccion 67(538). doi: 10.3989/ic.13.138