The Epiphanic Sustainable Fast Fashion Epoch
The author’s ancillary aim to the chapter is to emphasise how past lobbying efforts, in conjunction with tragic events within the fashion industry’s manufacturing processes have provided the catalyst for a new era within fast fashion. We call this observation: ‘the epiphanic sustainable fast fashion epoch’.
KeywordsFashion Fast fashion Ethics Sustainability Ethical fashion movement
- BBC. (2013). Bangladesh factory collapse too passes 1,000. BBC (online), retrieved: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22476774.
- EFF (Ethical Fashion Forum). (2016). Source: The global platform for sustainable fashion. EFF (online), retrieved: http://www.ethicalfashionforum.com/About-the-SOURCE-platform.
- EFF (Ethical Fashion Forum). (n.d. a). More information. EFF (online), retrieved: https://www.ethicalfashionforum.com/the-issues/ethical-fashion.
- EFF (Ethical Fashion Forum). (n.d. b). About EFF. EFF (online), retrieved: http://www.ethicalfashionforum.com/about-eff.
- Fashion Anthropologist. (2016). Fashion revolution: #whomadeyourclothes?. Fashion Anthropologist (online), retrieved: http://fashionanthropologist.com/fashion-revolution-whomadeyourclothes/.
- Fashion Revolution. (2016a). Fashion revolution. Fashion Revolution (online), retrieved: http://fashionrevolution.org/, accessed: 3/6/2016.
- Fashion Revolution. (2016b). Do something. Fashion Revolution (online), retrieved: http://fashionrevolution.org/get-involved/ways-for-everyone-to-get-involved/.
- Frankena, W. (1973). Ethics. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ.Google Scholar
- Green Peace. (2016). Detox my fashion. Green Peace (online), retrieved: http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/campaigns/detox/fashion/.
- H&M. (2015). Conscious actions. H&M (online), retrieved: http://sustainability.hm.com/content/dam/hm/about/documents/en/CSR/2015%20Sustainability%20report/HM_SustainabilityReport_2015_final_FullReport_en.pdf.
- H&M. (2016). This is world recycle week. H&M (online), retrieved: https://www.hm.com/us/life/culture/h-m-inside/2016/04/this-is-world-recycle-week
- H&M. (n.d.). H&M is committed to sustainability, and so are our people. H&M (online), retrieved: https://career.hm.com/content/hmcareer/en_us/workingathm/get-to-know-us/hm-conscious.html.
- Howard, G. (2016). How can fashion consumers stay engaged in the digital age?, Decode Fashion (online), retrieved: http://blog.decodedfashion.com/stories/how-can-fashion-consumers-stay-engaged-in-the-digital-age, accessed 1/02/2017.
- Kotler, P., Armstrong, G., Saunders, J., & Wong, V. (1996). Principles of Marketing. The European Edition. Prentice-Hall: Hemel Hempstead.Google Scholar
- Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2010). Principles of marketing. Pearson Education: Upper Saddle River, NJ.Google Scholar
- Merriam-Webster. (2016). Ethic. Merriam-Webster.com. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 14 Oct. 2016.
- Parveen, S. (2014). Rana Plaza factory collapse survivors struggle one year on. BBC News (online). Available from: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-27107860.