Generalized Nets as a Tool for Modelling of Railway Networks
The oldest public transport, which is used now days, is the railway. There exist different kinds of transportation models. The importance and role of each type of models is discussed in relation of its function. Some of the models are concentrated on scheduling. Other models are focused on simulation to analyze the level of utilization of different types of transportation. There are models which goal is optimal transportation network design. In this work we propose a model of the railway transport with Generalized Nets. It is shown that Generalized nets can be used as a tool for modeling of railway networks. An example of a generalized net of a part of the railway network in Southern Bulgaria, is given.
KeywordsGeneralized nets Railway network
Work presented here is partially supported by the Bulgarian National Scientific Fund under the grants DFNI-I02/20 Efficient Parallel Algorithms for Large Scale Computational Problems.
- 1.Alexieva, J., Choy, E., Koycheva, E.: Review and bibliography on generalized nets theory and applications. In: Choy, E., Krawczak, M., Shannon, A., Szmidt, E. (eds.) A Survey of Generalized Nets, Raffles KvB Monograph No. 10, pp. 207–301 (2007)Google Scholar
- 6.El Amaraoui, A., Mesghouni, K.: Train scheduling networks under time duration uncertainty. In: Proceedings of the 19th World Congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control, pp. 8762–8767 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Woroniuk, C., Marinov, M.: Simulation modelling to analyze the current level of utilization of sections along rail rout. J. Transp. Lit. 7(2), 235–252 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Krawczak, M.: A novel modeling methodology: generalized nets. Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, LNCS 4029, pp. 1160–1168. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Peneva, D., Tasseva, V., Kodogiannis, V., Sotirova, E.: Generalized nets as an instrument for description of the process of expert system construction. IEEE Intell. Syst. 755–759 (2006)Google Scholar
- 11.Shannon, A., Sorsich, J., Atanassov, K.: Generalized Nets in Medicine. Prof. M. Drinov Academic Publishing House, Sofia (1996)Google Scholar