Design and implementation of Data Center Network Global Congestion Price Calculating method based on Software Defined Networking
Aim the defect that the calculating algorithm for the link price is based on the proportion of the link state such as queuing length, queuing delay etc. However the proportion is invariable and is unable to meet the dynamical character of data center network. Therefore, the figure that the controller of SDN architecture can grasp the global resource information will be made full use of, a kind of two layer network global congestion price calculating algorithm is put forward. The upper algorithm is deployed in the opendaylight controller and give proportion parameter vector B according to the global resource information (including network topology, link state, queue length). The lower algorithm is deployed in OpenFlow switch, compute the link congestion price according to proportion parameter vector B given by the upper algorithm.
Keywordsopendaylight two layer algorithm proportion congestion price
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HuaWei Huang,Song Guo,Peng Li. Cost Minimization for Rule Caching in Software Defined Networking[J] IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems.2015.12Google Scholar
- 2.Krister Jacobsson,Lachlan L,Steven H.Low. An Improved Link Model for Window Flow Control and Its Application to FAST TCP[J].IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control,2009,54(3):551-564.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Kim, N. Feamster. Improving Network Management with Software Defined Networking. IEEE Communications Magazine, Februry 2013: 114-119.Google Scholar
- 4.ALIZADEH M, GREENBERG A, MALTZ D A, et al. Data center TCP (DCTCP)[C]. Proc of SIGCOMM’10, New Delhi, India, 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.VAMANAN B, HASAN J, VIJAYKUMAR T N. Deadline-aware datacenter TCP (D2TCP)[C]. Proc SIGCOMM’12 , Helsinki, Finland,2012.Google Scholar
- 6.WU H, FENG Z,GUO C, et al. ICTCP: incast congestion control for TCP in data center networks[C]. ACM CoNEXT’10, Philadelphia, USA, 2010.Google Scholar
- 7.WILSON C, BALLANI H, KARAGIANNIS T, et al. Better never than late: meeting deadlines in datacenter networks[C]. Proc SIGCOMM’11, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 2011.Google Scholar
- 8.HONG C, CAESAR M, GODFREY P B. Finishing flows quickly with preemptive scheduling[C]. Proc of SIGCOMM’12, Helsinki, Finland,2012.Google Scholar
- 9.ZATS D, DAS T, MOHAN P, et al. DeTail: reducing the flow completion time tail in datacenter networks[C]. Proc of SIGCOMM’12 Helsinki, inland,2012.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Soule, S. Basu, P. J. Marandi, et al. Merlin: A Language for Provisioning Network Resources.International Conference on emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies (CoNEXT),Sydney: ACM Press, 2014.Google Scholar
- 11.A. Gupta, L. Vanbever, M. Shahbaz, et al. SDX: A Software Defined Internet Exchange. Proc. Of the SICOMM, Chicago: ACM Press, 2014.Appendix: Checklist of Items to be Sent to Conference Proceedings Editors (see instructions at conference webpage)Google Scholar