Predicting Early Crop Production by Analysing Prior Environment Factors
- 876 Downloads
Bangladesh has an agriculture dependent economy and hence prediction of agricultural production is of great importance to us. In this research we develop a model that considers and analyzes weather and climate prior to specific crop plantation and maps a correlation between these two. It allows us to provide information about the crop state, in quantity and quality with the possibility of early warnings so that timely interventions can be undertaken. The approach advocated in this paper is to help the people with food security and early warning system.
KeywordsData mining Adaptive learning Machine learning Prediction Agriculture Soft computing Environment
We would not complete our research paper without having the support of the organizations named Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council and Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics. We would like to extend our sincere gratitude to those organizations.
- 1.Rahman, M., Haque, N., Rahman, R.: Application of Data Mining Tools for Rice Yield Prediction on Clustered Regions of Bangladesh. In: 17th IEEE International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), pp. 8–13. Daffodil International University, Dhaka, Bangladesh (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Bhargavi, P., Jyothi, S.: Applying Naive Bayes Data Mining technique for classification of agricultural land soils. In: International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, pp. 117–122 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.Ramesh, D., Vardhan, B.: Data mining techniques and applications to agricultural yield data. Int. J. Adv. Res. Comput. Commun. Eng. 2, 3477–3480 (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Sha, Z., Zhang, M.: Development of web-based decision support system for field-based crop management. In: Geographic Information Systems, pp. 1–4 (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Mateo, M., Leung, C.: Design and development of a prototype system for detecting abnormal weather observations. In: Proceedings of the 2008 C3S2E conference on - C3S2E 2008 (2008)Google Scholar
- 6.Bangladesh Agricultural Research Council (BARC)-Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Barc.gov.bd (2016). http://barc.gov.bd/. Accessed 01 May 2016
- 7.Bangladesh bureau of Statistics (BBS). http://www.bbs.gov.bd/. Accessed 01 May 2016