Capacitively Coupled Chopper Instrumentation Amplifiers for High-Side Current Sensing
Part of the Analog Circuits and Signal Processing book series (ACSP)
- 1.2k Downloads
In Chap. 1, it was mentioned that high-side current sensing is an important application for capacitively coupled chopper amplifiers.
KeywordsParasitic Capacitance Loop Gain Ripple Voltage Output Spike Virtual Ground
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 2.J. F. Witte, J. H. Huijsing and K. A. A. Makinwa, “A current-feedback instrumentation amplifier with 5µV offset for bidirectional high-side current-sensing,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2769-2775, Dec. 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.V. Schaffer, M. F. Snoeij, M. V. Ivanov and D. T. Trifonov, “A 36 V programmable instrumentation amplifier with sub-20µV offset and a CMRR in excess of 120 dB at all gain settings,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 2036-2046, July 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. Huijsing, Operational Amplifiers: Theory and Design, Second Edition, New York: Springer, 2011.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Rothan et al., “A ±1.5% nonlinearity 0.1-to-100A shunt current sensor based on a 6kV isolated micro-transformer for electrical vehicles and home automation,” ISSCC Dig. Tech. Papers, pp. 112-113, Feb. 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Wu, K. A. A. Makinwa and J. H. Huijsing, “A chopper current-feedback instrumentation amplifier with a 1mHz 1/f noise corner and an AC-coupled ripple-reduction loop,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, no. 12, pp. 3232-3243, Dec. 2009.Google Scholar
- 7.T. Denison, K. Consoer, W. Santa et al., “A 2 µW 100nV/√Hz chopper stabilized instrumentation amplifier for chronic measurement of neural field potentials,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 42, no. 12, pp. 2934-2945, Dec. 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.J. F. Witte, K. A. A. Makinwa and J. H. Huijsing, Dynamic Offset Compensated CMOS Amplifiers, New York: Springer, 2009.Google Scholar
- 9.J. F. Witte, J. H. Huijsing and K. A. A. Makinwa, “A chopper and auto-zero offset-stabilized CMOS instrumentation amplifier,” VLIS Circuits, pp. 210-211, June 2009.Google Scholar
- 10.S. M. Kashmiri and K. A. A. Makinwa, “A temperature-to-digital converter based on an optimized electrothermal filter,” IEEE J. Solid-State Circuits, vol. 44, no. 7, pp. 2026-2035, July 2009.Google Scholar
- 11.MAX9918 Data Sheet, Maxim, www.maxim-ic.com, April, 2010.
© Springer International Publishing AG 2017