Automatic Compensation Coil-Petersen Coil in Distribution Grid
The introductory part of the paper gives the basic theoretical considerations of the ways of neutral point treatment in distribution grids with special reference to the method of neutral grounding of distribution transformers by a compensation coil. The second part gives the analysis of the use of compensation coil as a future choice of neutral point grounding on the particular distribution grid TS 35/10 kV Bjelasnica. Also, the paper has conducted analysis of the available data and techno-economic analysis of neutral points grounding of transformers in TS 35/10 kV Bjelašnica in case of transformer neutral grounding by low ohmic resistor and in case of resonant neutral point grounding. In addition to the analysis of the (available) measured values, the adequate dynamic models of distribution grids are made by using the EMTP software package and calculations for neutral grounding by the compensation coil are done, as well as in the case of isolated grids, and a comparison of the results of ground fault currents was made.
- 1.BiH Electrical Utility Company (2011) TP-18_Technical recommendations for design and construction of grounding and grounding devices in power distribution grids and installations, SarajevoGoogle Scholar
- 2.BAS EN 50522:2011 Earthing of power installations exceeding 1 kV ACGoogle Scholar
- 3.BAS HD 637 S1:2010 Power installations exceeding 1 kV ACGoogle Scholar
- 4.Nahman J (1980) Neutral point grounding in distribution grids, Beograd: Naučna knjigaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Ćućić R, Komen V, Đurović MŽ (2008) Neutral point concept in distribution networks. Eng Rev 28–2:77–89Google Scholar
- 6.BiH Electrical Utility Company (2016) Study-neutral point treatment in distribution grids, SarajevoGoogle Scholar