Wearable Robots: A Legal Analysis
The paper provides a complete overview of the legal issues involving wearable robots, in particular ranging from their definition and applicable regulation at the European level, civil liability issues of producers and users as well as a brief approach to issues of human enhancement.
KeywordsCouncil Directive Legal Definition Civil Liability Human Enhancement Defective Product
- 1.Bertolini, A.: Robotic Prostheses. Guidelines on Regulating Robotics. E. Palmerini (2014)Google Scholar
- 3.Coenen, C., Schuijff, M., Smits, M., Klaassen, P., Hennen, L., Rader, M., Wolbring, G.: Human Enhancement. Science and Technology Options Assessment on Human Enhancement (2009). https://www.itas.kit.edu/downloads/etag_coua09a.pdf
- 4.Feldman, D.: Human Dignity as a Legal Value—Part I. Public Law, 682 (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Lucivero, F., Vedder, A. (eds.): Beyond Therapy vs. Enhancement? Multidisciplinary Analyses of a Heated Debate. Pisa University Press (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Swindells, F.: Economic inequality and human enhancement technology. Hum. Mente J. Polit. Stud. (26), 213 (2014)Google Scholar