Evaluating a Case of Downlink Uplink Decoupling Using Queuing System with Random Requirements
The need for efficient resource utilization at the air interfaces in heterogeneous wireless systems has recently led to the concept of downlink and uplink decoupling (DUDe). Several studies have already reported the gains of using DUDe in static traffic conditions. In this paper we investigate performance of DUDe with stochastic session arrivals patterns in LTE environment with macro and micro base stations. Particularly, we use a queuing systems with random resource requirements and to calculate the session blocking probability and throughput of the system. Our results demonstrate that DUDe association approach allows to significantly improve the metrics of interest compared to conventional downlink-based association mechanism.
KeywordsDL and UL decoupling RBs allocation Signal-to-noise ratio LTE-advanced Pathloss Heterogeneous networks
This work was partially supported by RFBR, projects No. 15-07-03051, 15-07-03608, 16-37-60103, 16-07-00766. The reported study was funded within the Agreement 02.03.21.0008 dated 24.11.2016 between the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and RUDN University.
- 1.Ericsson mobility report, Ericsson AB (2015). https://www.ericsson.com/mobility-report
- 2.Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update (2014–2019). http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/visual- networking-index-vni/mobile-white-paper-c11-520862.html
- 3.Andrews, J., Claussen, H., Dohler, M., Rangan, S.: Femtocells: past, present, and future. IEEE JSAC 30(3), 497–508 (2012). IEEEGoogle Scholar
- 8.Elshaer, H., Boccardi, F., Dohler, M., Irmer, R.: Downlink and uplink decoupling: a disruptive architectural design for 5G networks. In: Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1798–1803. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Naumov, V.A., Samouylov, K.E.: On the modeling of queuing systems with multiple re-sources. PFUR Bull. Ser. Inform. Math. Phys. 3, 58–62 (2014)Google Scholar
- 11.Naumov, V., Samouylov, K., Sopin, E., Yarkina, N., Andreev, S., Samuylov, A.: LTE performance analysis using queuing systems with finite resources and random requirements. In: 2015 7th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), pp. 100–103. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.ETSI TS 136.213. Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA). Physical layer procedures. Release 13 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.ETSI TR 36.931. Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA). Radio Frequency (RF) requirements for LTE Pico Node B (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Reyhanimasoleh, A.: Resource allocation in uplink long term evolution. Ph.D. thesis (2013)Google Scholar