WS Network Design Problem with Nonlinear Pricing Solved by Hybrid Algorithm
The aim of the paper is to introduce a wait-and-see (WS) reformulation of the transportation network design problem with stochastic price-dependent demand. The demand is defined by hyperbolic dependency and its parameters are modeled by random variables. Then, a WS reformulation of the mixed integer nonlinear program (MINLP) is proposed. The obtained separable scenario-based model can be repeatedly solved as a finite set of MINLPs by means of integer programming techniques or some heuristics. However, the authors combine a traditional optimization algorithm and a suitable genetic algorithm to obtain a hybrid algorithm that is modified for the WS case. The implementation of this hybrid algorithm and test results, illustrated with figures, are also discussed in the paper.
KeywordsStochastic transportation model Network-design problem Nonlinear pricing Wait-and-see approach Genetic algorithm Hybrid algorithm
This work was supported by the EEA Programme and Norway Grants, within the institutional cooperation project Nr. NF-CZ07-ICP-4-345-2016.
- 3.Holešovský, J., Popela, P., Roupec, J.: On a disruption in congested networks. In: Proceedings of the 18th International Conference of Soft Computing MENDEL, pp. 191–196, Brno, Czech Republic (2013)Google Scholar
- 4.Hrabec, D., Popela, P., Roupec, J., Jindra, P., Novotný, J.: Hybrid algorithm for wait-and-see transportation network design problem with linear pricing. In: Proceedings of 21st International Conference on Soft Computing, MENDEL 2015, pp. 183–188, Brno, Czech Republic (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Hrabec, D., Viktorin, A., Šomplák, R., Pluháček,M., Popela, P.: A heuristic approach to facility location problemfor waste management: a case study. In: Proceedings of 22nd International Conference on Soft Computing, MENDEL 2016, pp. 61–66, Brno, Czech Republic (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Matoušek, R.: HC12: the principle of CUDA implementation. In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Soft Computing MENDEL 2010, pp. 303–308, Brno, Czech Republic (2010)Google Scholar
- 12.Roupec, J.: Advanced genetic algorithms for engineering design problems. Eng. Mech. 17(5–6), 407–417 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Roupec, J., Popela, P., Hrabec, D., Novotný, J., Olstad, A., Haugen, K.K.: Hybrid algorithm for network design problem with uncertain demands. In: Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science, WCECS 2013, vol. 1, pp. 554–559, San Francisco, USA (2013)Google Scholar
- 14.Ryan, C.S.: Polygenic inheritance scheme. In: Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Soft Computing MENDEL 1997, pp. 140–147, Brno, Czech Republic (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.Šomplák, R., Procházka, V., Pavlas, M., Popela, P.: The logistic model for decision making in waste management. Chem. Eng. Trans. 35, 817–822 (2013)Google Scholar
- 18.Tiratanapakhom, T., Kim, H., Nam, D., Lim, Y.: Braess’ Paradox in the uncertain demand and congestion assumed stochastic transportation network design problem. KSCE J. Civil Eng. 1–10 (2016)Google Scholar