Competence Matching in Collaborative Consortia for Service-Enhanced Products
To exploit new market challenges in manufacturing industries, collaborative environments permit that different stakeholders achieve value creation and differentiated products when addressing the design and development of products that include associated business services (service-enhanced products). In order to facilitate a suitable context for networks of SMEs in the domain of highly customized and service-enhanced products, the GloNet project addressed collaborative networks with different configurations and purposes. In this context, this paper is focused on how a collaborative consortia for service-enhanced products can be created having into account the requirements for a new product and the necessary normalization of organization’s competences.
KeywordsService-enhanced product Collaborative networks Specification Virtual organization
This work was funded in part by the European Commission through the GloNet project (FP7 programme). The authors also thank the contributions from their partners in this project. Partial support also comes from Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia through the PEST program UID/EEA/00066/2013.
- 1.Shen, Q.: Research on organization mode selection of service-enhanced manufacturing enterprise. In: 3rd International Conference on Information Management, Innovation Management and Industrial Engineering (ICIII). IEEE, Kunming, China (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Camarinha-Matos, L.M., Afsarmanesh, H., Oliveira, A.I., Ferrada, F.: Cloud-based collaborative business services provision. In: Hammoudi, S., Cordeiro, J., Maciaszek, L.A., Filipe, J. (eds.) ICEIS 2013. LNBIP, vol. 190, pp. 366–384. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.GloNet: GloNet, Glocal Enterprise Network Focusing on Customer-Centric Collaboration. 2011–2015. http://www.glonet-fines.eu/
- 7.Shafahi, M., Afsarmanesh, H., Sargolzaei, M.: A coopetition space for complex product specification. In: Camarinha-Matos, L.M., Afsarmanesh, H. (eds.) PRO-VE 2014. IFIP AICT, vol. 186, pp. 83–97. Springer, Heidelberg (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Afsarmanesh, H., Shafahi, M., Sargolzaei, M.: On service-enhanced product recommendation guiding users through complex product specification. In: International Conference on Computing and Communications Technologies ICT 2015, pp. 43–48 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Camarinha-Matos, L.M., Afsarmanesh, H., Ollus, M.: ECOLEAD: a holistic approach to creation and management of dynamic virtual organizations. In: Camarinha-Matos, L.M., Afasarmanesh, P., Ortiz, L. (eds.) Collaborative Networks and Their Breeding Environments. IFIP, vol. 314, pp. 3–16. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 14.EurLex.: Regulation (EC) No 1893/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 December 2006 establishing the statistical classification of economic activities NACE Revision 2 and amending Council Regulation (EEC) No 3037/90 as well as certain EC Regulations on specific statistical domains. http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32006R1893. Accessed 27 Apr 2016
- 15.Eurostat.: NACE Rev. 2 - Statistical classification of economic activities. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/en/web/products-manuals-and-guidelines/-/KS-RA-07-015. Accessed 27 Apr 2016
- 16.Eurostat.: Your key to European statistics. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/prodcom. Accessed 28 Apr 2016