On Repeated Sequential Closures of Constructible Functions in Valuations
The space of constructible functions form a dense subspace of the space of generalized valuations. In this note we prove a somewhat stronger property that the sequential closure, taken sufficiently many (in fact, infinitely many) times, of the former space is equal to the latter one. This stronger property is necessary for some applications in Alesker (Geom Funct Anal 20(5):1073–1143, 2010).
I am very grateful to the anonymous referee for the careful reading of the first version of the paper and for numerous remarks.
Partially supported by ISF grant 1447/12.
- 1.S. Alesker, Integrals of smooth and analytic functions over Minkowski’s sums of convex sets. Convex geometric analysis (Berkeley, CA, 1996), pp, 1–15. Math. Sci. Res. Inst. Publ, vol. 34 (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999)Google Scholar
- 5.S. Alesker, Theory of valuations on manifolds. IV. New properties of the multiplicative structure, in Geometric Aspects of Functional Analysis. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 1910 (Springer, Berlin, 2007), pp. 1–44Google Scholar
- 8.S. Alesker, A. Bernig, The product on smooth and generalized valuations. Am. J. Math. 134 (2), 507–560 (2012). Also:arXiv:0904.1347Google Scholar
- 9.S. Banach, Théorie des operations linéaires. Warszawa (1932)Google Scholar
- 12.M. Kashiwara, P. Schapira, Sheaves on manifolds. With a chapter in French by Christian Houzel. Corrected reprint of the 1990 original. Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften [Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences], vol. 292 (Springer, Berlin, 1994)Google Scholar
- 13.A.G. Khovanski, A.V. Pukhlikov, Finitely additive measures of virtual polyhedra. (Russian) Algebra i Analiz 4 (2), 161–185 (1992). Translation in St. Petersburg Math. J. 4 (2), 337–356 (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.R. Schneider, Convex Bodies: The Brunn-Minkowski Theory. Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 44 (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1993)Google Scholar
- 15.V.A. Zorich, Mathematical Analysis. II. Universitext (Springer, Berlin, 2004). Translated from the 2002 fourth Russian edition by Roger CookeGoogle Scholar