On the Position Value for Special Classes of Networks
- 723 Downloads
This paper deals with a particular class of TU-games, whose cooperation is restricted by a network structure. We consider a communication situation (or graph game) in which a network is produced by subsequent formation of links among players and at each step of the network formation process, the surplus generated by a link is shared between the players involved, according to some rule. As a consequence, we obtain a family of solution concepts that we investigate on particular network structures. This approach provides a different interpretation of the position value, introduced by Borm et al. (SIAM J Discret Math 5(3):305–320, 1992), since it turns out that a specific symmetric rule leads to this solution concept. Moreover, we investigate the problem of computing the position value on particular classes of networks.
KeywordsTU-games Networks Communication situations Coalition formation Allocation protocols Position value
We are grateful to Stefano Moretti and Roberto Lucchetti for helpful comments on a previous version of the paper.
- 1.Banzhaf, J.F. III: Weighted voting doesn’t work: a mathematical analysis. Rutgers Law Rev. 19, 317–345 (1964)Google Scholar
- 7.Ferreira, R., Grossi, R., Rizzi, R.: Output-sensitive listing of bounded-size trees in undirected graphs. Algorithms-ESA 2011, pp. 275–286. Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.Meessen, R.: Communication games. Master’s thesis (in Dutch), Department of Mathematics, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands (1988)Google Scholar
- 14.Puente, M.A.: Contributions to the representability of simple games and to the calculus of solutions for this class of games. Ph.D. thesis, Technical University of Catalonia (2000)Google Scholar
- 17.Slikker, M.: Decision making and cooperation restrictions. Technical report, Tilburg University (2000)Google Scholar