Systemic Coordination Through Numeraires: Initial Simulation Results
This paper presents initial results on the development of a paradigm for the coordination of large multi-agent systems abstracted from social coordination processes using money. We recall basic concepts and report on the development of a simulator for modeled systems. We present a “toy” example together with the determination and simulation of a steady-state for it. Next, we show results of perturbing the system parameters and the initial values of state variables in the steady-state. We conclude by reviewing the presented results, sketching a roadmap for development and considering the paradigm in a wider theoretical control perspective.
KeywordsSystems coordination Coordination through numeraires Multi-agent simulation String rewrite rules Modeling through string rewrite rules
This work has been supported by COMPETE: POCI-01-0145-FEDER-007043 and FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia within the Project Scope: UID/CEC/00319/2013.
- 1.Garrido, P.: Coordination of Systems through Numeraires. FME Trans. 43, 377–385 (2015). http://www.mas.bg.ac.rs/_media/istrazivanje/fme/vol43/4/14_garrido.pdf/
- 2.Knapp, G.F.: The State Theory of Money (English translation). Macmillan, London (1924)Google Scholar
- 3.Lerner, A.P.: The Economics of Control. Macmillan, London (1946)Google Scholar
- 4.Mosler, W.: Soft Currency Economics II, Valance, (distr. by Amazon), 2013Google Scholar
- 5.Tumer, K., Knudson, M.: Aligning Agent Objectives for Learning and Coordination in Multiagent Systems. PerAdA Magazine, IEEE Computer Society (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Tumer, K., Wolpert, D.: The Science of Collectives. In: Tumer, K., Wolpert, D. (eds.) Collectives and the Design of Complex Systems, pp. 1–42. Springer, New York (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Wikipedia: Julia (programming language) (2016). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_%28programming_language%29
- 8.Wikipedia: Scilab (2016). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scilab
- 9.IFAC: IFAC Technical Committee 9.1. Economic, Business, and Financial Systems (2016). http://tc.ifac-control.org/9/1
- 10.Tesfatsion, L. (maintainer): Software for Agent-Based Computational Economics and CAS (2016). http://www2.econ.iastate.edu/tesfatsi/acecode.htm