Videourodynamic in Children
Urodynamic studies (UDS) have become a major tool in evaluating lower urinary tract dysfunction in children with neurogenic or non-neurogenic bladder. Lower urinary tract dysfunctions (LUTD) in children frequently occur in combination with other disorders of the lower part of the body. By definition of the International Children’s Continence Society (ICCS) standardization paper on LUTD in children , any item that gives information on the function of the urinary tract and the bowel is part of UDS.
- 1.Austin PF, Bauer SB, Bower W, et al. The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function in children and adolescents: update report from the standardization Committee of the International Children’s continence society. J Urol. 2014;191(6):1863.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 3.Winters JC, Dmochowski RR, Goldman HB, Herndon CD, Kobashi KC, Kraus SR, Lemack GE, Nitti VW, Rovner ES, Wein AJ, American Urological Association, Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital Reconstruction. Urodynamic studies in adults: AUA/SUFU guideline. J Urol. 2012;188(6 Suppl):2464–72.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- 5.van Gool JD, de Jong TP, Winkler-Seinstra P, Tamminen-Möbius T, Lax H, Hirche H, Nijman RJ, Hjälmås K, Jodal U, Bachmann H, Hoebeke P, Walle JV, Misselwitz J, John U, Bael A, European Bladder Dysfunction Study (EU BMH1-CT94-1006). Multi-center randomized controlled trial of cognitive treatment, placebo, oxybutynin, bladder training, and pelvic floor training in children with functional urinary incontinence. Neurourol Urodyn. 2014;33:482.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 8.Bauer SB, Nijman RJ, Drzewiecki BA, Sillen U. Hoebeke P; international Children’s continence society standardization subcommittee. International Children’s continence society standardization report on urodynamic studies of the lower urinary tract in children. Neurourol Urodyn. 2015;34(7):640–7.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 11.Neveus T, von Gontard A, Hoebeke P, Hjalmas K, Bauer S, Bower W, et al. The standardization of terminology of lower urinary tract function in children and adolescents: report from the standardisation Committee of the International Children’s continence society. J Urol. 2006;176:314e24.Google Scholar
- 20.Tekgul S, Dogan HS Hoebeke P, et al. EAU guidelines on Pediatric Urology 2016: European Society for Paediatric Urology and European association of urology. uroweb.org/wp-content/uploads/22-Paediatric-Urology_LR.pdf.