Mathematical Modelling of Cutting Process System
The mathematical modelling of the process system allows carrying out research into the selection and optimisation of machining conditions. The conceptualization of the operator that represents the dynamic characteristics of the cutting and friction process is an important issue in the development of the mathematical formulation of the interaction between subsystems in the cutting process. Currently, different approaches exist to the description of cutting and friction processes with the use of dynamic and quasi-static concepts, which results in the different studies using the machining process system models that are essentially distinct from each other. The subject of this paper is the method of dynamic process approximation, which allows analysing the behaviour of the machining process system in the process of chip formation at a sufficient level of accuracy.
KeywordsCutting Elastic and plastic deformation Chip formation Oscillation Dynamic process
The authors are grateful for partial support from Linda Peetre’s Foundation for cooperation between Sweden and Estonia provided by Swedish Mathematical Society. The authors are grateful to the international research project of the Institute of Technology at Estonian University of Life Sciences: 8-2/TI13002TEDT. The research was partially financially supported by institutional research funding IUT20-57 of the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research..
- 1.Elyasberg, M.E.: Oscillations of Machine Tools. OKBS, St. Petersburg (1993). (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 2.Gregg, B.C., Suh, C.S., Luo, A.C.J.: Machine Tool Vibrations and Cutting Dynamics. Springer, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Maksarov, V., Olt, J.: Analysis of the reological model of the process of chip formation with metal machining. Agron. Res. 6, 249–263 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Olt, J., Liyvapuu, A., Madissoo, M., Maksarov, V.: Dynamic simulation of chip formation in the process of cutting. Int. J. Mater. Prod. Technol. 53(1) (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Veitz, V.L., Maksarov, V.V.: Dynamics of Technological Systems Machining. SZTU, St. Petersburg (2001). (in Russian)Google Scholar