C-KPCA: Custom Kernel PCA for Cancer Classification
Principal component analysis (PCA) is an effective and well-known method for reducing high-dimensional data sets. Recently, KPCA (Kernel PCA), a nonlinear form of PCA, has been introduced into many fields. In this paper, we propose a new gene selection, namely Custom Kernel principal component analysis (C-KPCA). The new kernel function for KPCA is created by combining a set of kernel functions. First, Singular Value Decomposition (SVD) is used to reduce the dimension of microarray data. Input space is then mapped to a higher-dimensional feature space using the proposed custom kernel function. The main objective of our method is to extract nonlinear features for classification process. In order to test the accuracy of our method, a number of experiments are carried out on four binary gene datasets: Colon Tumor, Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Prostate. The experimental results show that our proposed method results in a higher prediction rate as comparing with several recently published algorithms.
KeywordsFeature extract KPCA SVD Cancer classification Dimension reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Liu, H., Motoda, H.: Feature Selection for Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Tan, P.-N., Steinbach, M., Kumar, V.: Introduction to Data Mining, p. 500. Addison Wesley (2005)Google Scholar
- 12.Ng, A.Y., Jordan, M.I., Weiss, Y.: On Spectral Clustering: Analysis and an algorithm. Adv. Neural Inf. Process. Syst., 849–856 (2001)Google Scholar
- 16.Aha, D.W., Kibler, D., Albert, M.K.: Instance-Based Learning Algorithms. Mach. Learn. 6(1), 37–66 (1991)Google Scholar
- 19.Vapnik, V.: The Nature of Statistical Learning Theory, vol. 8 (1995)Google Scholar
- 21.Kim, S.: Margin-maximized redundancy-minimized SVM-RFE for diagnostic classification of mammograms. In: 2011 IEEE Int. Conf. Bioinforma. Biomed. Work., pp. 562–569 (2011)Google Scholar
- 23.Vimaladevi, M., Kalaavathi, B.: Cancer Classification using Hybrid Fast Particle Swarm Optimization with Backpropagation Neural Network 3(11), 8410–8414 (2014)Google Scholar
- 26.Bishop, C.M.C.C.M.: Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning 4(4) (2006)Google Scholar
- 27.Williams, C.K.I.: Learning With Kernels: Support Vector Machines, Regularization, Optimization, and Beyond 98(462) (2003)Google Scholar
- 28.Theodoridis, S., Koutroumbas, K.: Pattern Recognition, 4th edn. (2009)Google Scholar
- 31.Nello Cristianini, J.S.-T.: An Introduction to Support Vector Machines and Other Kernel-based Learning Methods. Cambridge University Press (2000)Google Scholar