Multiplatform Game Type of Health Survey on Cancer Patient’s Stress Level
Monitoring the changing condition of cancer patients is a significant part of their treatment. Stress coming from the patient’s current situation may have a great effect on the spread of cancer cells. Thus, a cancer patient’s stress level is a crucial factor for doctors to refer to when deciding for an appropriate treatment. In order to gather these data, “Distress Thermometer and Problem List” distributed by NCCN (National Comprehensive Cancer Network) is used globally, but the participation rate among patients is low. This is because the survey is very tedious and provides no feedback, which makes the patients feel like it is a waste of time. This game is made based on “Distress Thermometer and Problem List”, and has entered in the 2016 Game4health competition in Utah, USA under the name of “Measure Your Stress Level”. This game uses fun and cute animations to identify with the patient’s situation and patients can participate in the survey in a more entertaining way. Also, at the end of the survey, a stress relieving game is provided as a package in order to make the survey more engaging. The game is based on a multiplatform game engine so it can be outputted to smartphone, website, exe file making the game accessible anywhere, at any time. Thus, it will be easier for the medical staff to gather more data in less time.
KeywordsDistress survey Multiplatform game Game design
This study was funded by a grant from the Korea Creative Content Agency (R2014040055).
- 1.Caroline, P.L., Cameron, J.N., Corina, K., Edoardo, B., Jonathan, G.H., Hilmy, I., Matthew, A.P., Ming, G.C., Tara, K., Nicole, R., Giuseppe, R., Sara, G., Colin, W.P., Davide, F., Andreas, M., Steven, A.S., Erica, K.S.: Chronic stress in mice remodels lymph vasculature to promote tumour cell dissemination. Nat. Commun. (2016). NPGGoogle Scholar
- 2.National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org
- 3.Yang, L., Xiaojun, H.: Research and implementation of cross-platform engine for intelligent terminal. In: Computer Science and Applications, pp. 137–141. CRC Press, Shanghai (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.National Cancer Center. http://www.ncc.re.kr
- 5.Rahamathunnisa, U., Pragadeeswaran, S.: Collision detection game using cocos2Dx-A cross platform. Int. J. Eng. Res. Appl. 2, 959–963 (2012). ADS Digital LibraryGoogle Scholar