Lozi Map Generated Initial Population in Analytical Programming
Analytical programming is a novel approach to symbolic regression independent on the used evolutionary algorithm. This research paper focuses on the usage of Lozi chaotic map based pseudo-random number generator for the generation of the initial population of the selected evolutionary algorithm. The researched benefit is the tendency to generate individuals which are mapped to more complex programs than that of individuals generated by classical pseudo-random number generator. The results show that there is a potential in replacing classical generator by the chaotic map based one in order to generate more complex programs.
KeywordsAnalytical programming Lozi map Pseudo-Random number generator
This work was supported by Grant Agency of the Czech Republic—GACR P103/15/06700S, further by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic within the National Sustainability Programme Project no. LO1303 (MSMT-7778/2014. Also by the European Regional Development Fund under the Project CEBIA-Tech no. CZ.1.05/2.1.00/03.0089 and by Internal Grant Agency of Tomas Bata University under the Projects no. IGA/CebiaTech/2016/007.
- 1.Zelinka, I.: Analytic programming by means of new evolutionary algorithms. In: Proceedings of 1st International Conference on New Trends in Physics’01, pp. 210–214. Brno, Czech Republic (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Koza, J.R.: Genetic programming: a paradigm for genetically breeding populations of computer programs to solve problems. Stanford University, Department of Computer Science (1990)Google Scholar
- 3.Zelinka, I., Oplatkova, Z.: Analytic programming—comparative study. In: Proceedings of Second International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Robotics, and Autonomous Systems. Singapore (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Zelinka, I., Oplatkova, Z., Nolle, L.: Analytic programming–Symbolic regression by means of arbitrary evolutionary algorithms. Int. J. Simul. Syst. Sci. Technol. 6(9), 44–56 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Oplatková, Z., Zelinka, I.: Investigation on artificial ant using analytic programming. In: Proceedings of the 8th annual conference on Genetic and evolutionary computation, pp. 949–950. ACM (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Skanderova, L., Zelinka, I., Šaloun, P.: Chaos powered selected evolutionary algorithms. In: Nostradamus 2013: Prediction, Modeling and Analysis of Complex Systems, pp. 111–124. Springer International Publishing (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Senkerik, R., Pluhacek, M., Kominkova Oplatkova, Z., Davendra, D.: On the parameter settings for the chaotic dynamics embedded differential evolution. In: 2015 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), pp. 1410–1417. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar