Intelligent People Flow Coordination in Smart Spaces
In this paper, we present a short overview of the people flow coordination methods and propose a multi-agent based route recommender architecture for smart spaces which considers the influence of stress on human reactions to the recommended routes. The objective of the architecture is to ensure that people can efficiently move in and among smart spaces while at the same time improve the overall system performance. The functioning of the architecture is demonstrated on a case study. The proposed approach can be used, among others, in route recommendation in smart cities, large public events, and emergency evacuations.
KeywordsIrrational Behavior Average Travel Time Smart Space Crowd Behavior Fundamental Diagram
This work has been partially supported by the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness through grant TIN 2012-36586 -C03-02 (“iHAS”) as well as by the Autonomous Region of Madrid through grant P2013/ICE-3019 (“MOSI-AGIL-CM”, co-funded by EU Structural Funds FSE and FEDER), and through the Excellence Research Group GES2ME (Ref. 30VCPIGI05) co-financed by the University King Juan Carlos and Santander Bank.
- 13.Lu, X., Luh, P.B., et al.: Guidance optimization of building evacuation considering psychological features in route choice. In: 11th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA), pp. 2669–2674. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Lujak, M., Giordani, S., Ossowski, S.: Fair route guidance: bridging system and user optimization. In: IEEE 17th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITSC), pp. 1415–1422. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 17.Traffic Assignment Manual: Bureau of public roads. US Department of Commerce (1964)Google Scholar
- 23.Staal, M.A., Bolton, A.E., Yaroush, R.A., Bourne Jr., L.E.: Cognitive performance and resilience to stress. In: Lukey, B.J., Tepe, V. (eds.) Biobehavioral Resilience to Stress, pp. 259–299. Taylor & Francis Group (2008)Google Scholar
- 24.Wang, P., Luh, P.B., Chang, S.-C., Sun, J.: Modeling and optimization of crowd guidance for building emergency evacuation. In: IEEE International Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, CASE 2008, pp. 328–334. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar