Augmented Eccentric Connectivity Index of Grid Graphs
We present explicit formulas for augmented eccentric connectivity indices of several classes of grid graphs that arise via Cartesian product. We also explore their asymptotic behavior and compute the compression ratios for considered graphs.
KeywordsExplicit Formula Compression Ratio Grid Graph Northeast Quadrant Eccentric Connectivity Index
Partial support of the Ministry of Science, Education and Sport of the Republic of Croatia (Grants No. 037-0000000-2779 and 177-0000000-0884) is gratefully acknowledged by one of the authors (TD). The second author is supported by the research council at Persian Gulf University.
- Došlić T, Graovac A, Ori O (2011) Eccentric connectivity indices of hexagonal belts and chains. MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 65:745–752Google Scholar
- Došlić T, Saheli M (2011) Augmented eccentric connectivity index. Miskolc Math Notes 12:149–157Google Scholar
- Harary F (1969) Graph theory. Addison − Wesley, ReadingGoogle Scholar
- Sardana S, Madan AK (2001) Application of graph theory: relationship of molecular connectivity index, Wiener’s index and eccentric connectivity index with diuretic activity. MATCH Commun Math Comput Chem 43:85–98Google Scholar
- West DB (1996) Introduction to graph theory. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle RiverGoogle Scholar