Intelligent Web Data Management of NoSQL Data Warehouse
NoSQL databases feature elasticity and scalability in combination with the capability to store big data and work with cloud computing systems. In particular, the formulation of the data warehouse is gaining a significant momentum. However, there are few publications on NoSQL data warehouse. In this Chapter, we introduce intelligent Web data management of NoSQL warehouse using slowly changing dimensions with MapReduce, which addresses the issue of formulating no redundant data warehouse with small amount of storage space. The experiments are illustrated to successfully build the NoSQL data warehouse reducing data redundancy compared with document with timestamp and lifecycle tag solutions. This Chapter also provides insight into some key challenges that researchers and engineers face when designing NoSQL data warehouse.
KeywordsData Warehouse Query Time Data Redundancy MapReduce Framework NoSQL Database
- 2.Chodorow, K. (2013). MongoDB: The definitive guide. O’Reilly Media, Inc.Google Scholar
- 3.Kimball, R., Ross, M., Thornthwaite, W., Mundy, J., & Becker, B. (2008). The data warehouse lifecycle toolkit: Practical techniques for building data warehouse and intelligent business systems.Google Scholar
- 4.Santos, V., & Belo, O. (2011). Slowly changing dimensions specification a relational algebra approach. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Communication and Information Technology (pp. 50–55).Google Scholar
- 5.Leonard, A., Mitchell, T., Masson, M., Moss, J., & Ufford, M. (2014). Slowly changing dimensions. In SQL server integration services design patterns (pp. 261–273). Apress.Google Scholar
- 6.Ma, K., & Yang, B. (2015). Introducing extreme data storage middleware of schema-free document stores using MapReduce. International Journal of Ad Hoc and Ubiquitous Computing, 274–284.Google Scholar