A Bloom Filter-Based Approach for Supporting the Representation and Membership Query of Multidimensional Dataset
- 2.3k Downloads
Bloom filter has been utilized in set representation and membership query. However, the algorithm is not quite suitable for representing multidimensional dataset. The paper presents a novel data structure based on Bloom filter for the multidimensional data representation. We further give the theoretical analysis and experimental evaluations of the algorithm. Results show that the algorithm can achieve the same false positive rate when dealing with exact membership queries. It can provide extra support of by-attribute membership query.
- 1.Z. Wang, T. Luo, G. Xu, X. Wang, The application of cartesian-join of bloom filters to supporting membership query of multidimensional data, in 2014 I.E. International Congress on Big Data (BigData Congress). IEEE, 2014, pp. 288–295Google Scholar
- 4.D. Guo, J. Wu, H. Chen, X. Luo et al., Theory and network applications of dynamic bloom filters, in INFOCOM, 2006, pp. 1–12Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Hua, B. Xiao, A multi-attribute data structure with parallel bloom filters for network services, in High Performance Computing-HiPC 2006. Springer, 2006, pp. 277–288Google Scholar
- 7.Z. Wang, T. Luo, Optimizing hash function number for bf-based object locating algorithm, in Advances in Swarm Intelligence. Springer, 2012, pp. 543–552Google Scholar
- 10.Trucks—chorochronos.org, http://www.chorochronos.org/?q=node/5