A Study on the Education Quality Assurance System for Master of Software Engineering
Quality is the lifeline of the education of Master of software engineering. In this paper, the quality problems in education of Master of software engineering are introduced and discussed briefly. To meet the requirement from software industry, the competency of Master of software engineering is investigated and summarized. Then an education quality assurance system for Master of software engineering is proposed to solve the education quality problems and achieve the educational goals of competency achievement.
KeywordsQuality assurance Master of software engineering Competency Industrial practice
This research was supported by the National Supervisory Committee for Education of Master of Engineering under Grant No. 2014-ZDn-07, Shandong Provincial Department of Education under Grant No. SDYY14003, and Harbin Institute of Technology under Grant No. JGYJ-201325 and WH2013009.
- 1.XU Xiaofei, LI Haifeng, WANG Ling, GUO Weihua. The “MSE + X” Programme in Software Engineering at HIT-NPSS. Computer Education, 2010(1):32–35.Google Scholar
- 2.Miao Yuan, Liu Xuning. Research of competency model of Master of software engineering. Academic Degrees and Graduate Education. 2009(3): 56–59.Google Scholar
- 3.Carol L. Hoover and Mary Shaw. The Carnegie Mellon University Master of Software Engineering Specialization Tracks. Proceedings of the Ninth Conference on Software Engineering Education, April 21–24, 1996: 100–118.Google Scholar
- 5.Sedelmaier Y. Landes D. Software engineering body of skills (SWEBOS). Proceedings of the IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), April 3–5, 2014:395–401.Google Scholar
- 6.Liem I, Asnar Y, Akbar, S. Reshaping Software Engineering Education towards 2020 Engineers. Proceedings of the IEEE 27th Conference on Software Engineering Education and Training (CSEE&T), April 23–25, 2014: 171–174Google Scholar