Solution Approaches for the Double-Row Equidistant Facility Layout Problem
We consider the Double-Row Equidistant Facility Layout Problem and show that the number of spaces needed to preserve at least one optimal solution is much smaller compared to the general double-row layout problem. We exploit this fact to tailor exact integer linear programming (ILP) and semidefinite programming (SDP) approaches that outperform other recent methods for this problem. We report computational results on a variety of benchmark instances showing that the ILP is preferable for small and medium instances whereas the SDP yields better results on large instances with up to 60 departments.
- 2.Amaral, A.R.S.: On duplex arrangement of vertices. Technical report, Dep. de Informtica, Univ. Federal do Esprito Santo, Brazil (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.Anjos, M.F., Fischer, A., Hungerländer, P.: Solution approaches for equidistant double- and multi-row facility layout problems. Technical report, submitted (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Gurobi Optimization Inc: Gurobi optimizer reference manual (2014). http://www.gurobi.com
- 5.Helmberg, C.: ConicBundle 0.3.11. TU Chemnitz, Germany (2012). http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~helmberg/ConicBundle
- 7.Hungerländer, P., Anjos, M.F.: A semidefinite optimization approach to space-free multi-row facility layout. Cahier du GERAD G-2012-03, GERAD, Montreal, QC, Canada (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Hungerländer, P., Anjos, M.F.: Semidefinite optimization approaches to multi-row facility layout. Technical report, submitted (2014)Google Scholar