Social CRM Capabilities and Readiness: Findings from Greek Tourism Firms
Technological advances and consumer behaviour changes are transforming CRM from a transactional to a conversational approach (called social CRM) that empowers customers as relationships’ co-creators. Limited research has examined the firms’ capabilities required to effectively integrate social media into CRM. To address this gap, a literature review produced a preliminary list of social CRM capabilities which was further refined and enriched by collecting data from the Greek tourism industry. Findings from various stakeholders (tourism professionals, scholars and IT vendors) and sources (observations, documents, job descriptions) produced a thorough list of social CRM capabilities and revealed the social CRM readiness of Greek tourism firms. The following capabilities are discussed: organisational culture and management, information resource management, information technology infrastructure, business strategy, customer-centric processes, communication, performance measurement.
KeywordsSocial CRM Social media Tourism Capabilities, readiness Capacity building needs
- Greenberg, P. (2011). Social CRM to grow stronger in 2011. Enterprise Innovation, 7(1), 41.Google Scholar
- Küpper, T. (2014). Measuring the success of social CRM—First approach and future research. 16th ICEIS conference, Lisbon, Portugal, 573–582.Google Scholar
- Küpper, T., Lehmkuhl, T., Jung, R., & Wieneke, R. (2014). Features for Social CRM Technology. 20th Americas Conference on Information Systems, Savannah, USA, 1–10.Google Scholar
- Küpper, T., Lehmkuhl, T., Wittkuhn, N., Wieneke, A., & Jung, R. (2015). Social CRM Performance Model: An Empirical Evaluation. 28th Bled eConference:# eWellBeing, 418–435.Google Scholar
- Lehmkuhl, T. (2014). Towards social CRM—A model for deploying Web 2.0 in customer relationship management. Diss. School of Management, University of St. Gallen.Google Scholar
- Mayock, P. (2014). Personalization equals loyalty for millennials. Hotel News Now. Google Scholar
- Sarner, A., Thompson, J. D., Drakos, N., Fletcher, C., Mann, J., & Maoz, M. (2011). Magic quadrant for social CRM. Stamford: Gartner.Google Scholar
- Weissenberg, A., Katz, A., & Narula, A. (2013). Hotel loyalty. www.deloitte.com/view/en_US/.