Abdominoplasty on Patients with Previous Surgical Scars
In some situations, the abdomen may present scars that can limit the scope of the abdominoplasty and its aesthetic outcome. The final position of the scar will depend on the position of the old original scar and the amount of excess skin on the abdominal wall.
When planning an abdominoplasty on patients with previous scars, some special points of interest must be taken into consideration.
The authors present a methodology to analyze and examine these patients, plan the procedure, and avoid risk factors.
KeywordsAbdominoplasty Abdominoplasty with scar Scars on abdominal wall Atypical Abdominoplasty Abdomen with previous scar
- 1.Sinder R (1979) Cirurgia Plástica do Abdome. edição do autor, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar
- 2.Aly AS (2006) Body contouring after massive weight loss. Quality Medical Publishing, Inc, St. LouisGoogle Scholar
- 3.Saldanha O (2004) Lipoabdominoplastia. Di-Livros Editora Ltda, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar
- 4.Rebello C, Lion PM, Franco T (1974) Abdominoplasty through submammary incision. In: Year book of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Year Book Medical Publishers Inc, ChicagoGoogle Scholar
- 5.Franco T (2002) Principios de Cirurgia Plástica. Atheneu, Rio de JaneiroGoogle Scholar
- 6.Franco T, Franco D, Medeiros Tavares Filho J (2008) Dermolipectomia por incisão submamária, Cap 39, p. 303. In: Resende JH (eds) Tratado de Cirurgia Plástica na Obesidade. Editora Rubio, Rio de Janeiro, BrazilGoogle Scholar
- 8.Avelar MJ (1999) A new technique for abdominoplasty – closed vascular system of subdermal flap folded over itself combined to liposuction. Rev Bras Cir 88/89(1/6):3–20Google Scholar