Constrained Pole Assignment Control for a 2nd Order Oscillatory System
The paper brings phase plane design of a constrained Proportional Derivative (PD) controller for undamped second order oscillatory plants. The approach is focused on achieving the possibly best tracking dynamics considering the control signal saturation. The linear pole assignment control and relay minimum time control are included as its limit solutions. The paper shows that such a task has infinitely many solutions. The existing degree of freedom follows from a free choice of a distance definition in evaluating deviation of the operating point from the considered invariant set specified by the required reference braking trajectory. It may be used to choose the simplest controller equations, or to modify the loop performance in the case of an unmodeled dynamics.
KeywordsConstrained control Pole-assignment control
Partially supported by the grants APVV-0343-12 Computer aided robust nonlinear control design and VEGA 1/0937/14 Advanced methods for nonlinear modeling and control of mechatronic systems.
- 1.Huba, M., Bisták, P.: Dynamic classes in the PID control. In: American Control Conference, San Diego (1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Huba, M., Sovisova, D., Oravec, I.: Invariant sets based concept of the pole assignment control. In: ECC 1999, Karlsruhe (1999)Google Scholar
- 4.Huba, M., Malatinec, T., Huba, T.: Preparatory laboratory experiments for robust constrained UAVs control. In: 10th IFAC ACE, Sheffield, UK (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Huba, M.: Tuning of a filtered pole assignment controller for an integral plant. In: 15th ICCC, Velke Karlovice, Czech Republic (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Huba, M., Belai, I., Bistak, P.: Noise attenuation motivated controller design. part II: position control. In: Speedam Symposium, Ischia, Italy, pp. 1331–1336 (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Huba, M., Belai, I.: Experimental evaluation of a DO-FPID controller with different filtering properties. In: IFAC World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Huba, M.: Constrained pole assignment control for a 2nd order integral system. In: 18th ICSTCC, Sinaia, Romania (2014)Google Scholar