Application of Multi-valued Decision Diagrams in Computing the Direct Partial Logic Derivatives
Multi-State Systems (MSSs) are mathematical models often used in reliability engineering since allow a rather detailed evaluation of system reliability. These models represent the system reliability/availability behavior from the perfect functioning to the fault, but allow to distinguish several intermediate states. The calculation of related reliability measures can be performed in terms of Direct Partial Logic Derivatives (DPLDs). A drawback of this approach is high dimensionality of MSSs. To overcome this problem, we propose to use Multi-valued Decision Diagrams (MDDs) as a data structure to represent multi-state systems and perform computations of reliability measures in terms of DPLDs.
KeywordsMulti-valued decision diagram Direct partial logic derivative Reliability analysis Multi-state systems
- 2.Lozano, C.C., Falkowski, B.J., Łuba, T.: Two classes of Fixed polarity linearly independent arithmetic transforms for quaternary functions. In: Proceedings of 17th European Signal Processing Conference, pp. 421–425 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Miller, M., Drechsler, R.: On the construction of multiple-valued decision diagrams. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Multiple-Valued Logic, pp. 264–269 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Stanković, R.S., Sasao, T., Moraga, C.: Spectral transform decision diagrams. In: , pp. 55–92Google Scholar
- 7.Zaitseva, E., Levashenko, V.: Dynamic reliability indices for parallel, series and \(k\)-out-of-\(n\) multi-state system. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 52nd Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS), vol. 94(2), pp. 253–259 (2006)Google Scholar
- 8.Zaitseva, E., Levashenko, V., Kostolny, J., Kvassay, M.: A multi-valued decision diagram for estimation of multi-state system. In: EuroCon 2013, pp. 645–650 (2013)Google Scholar