A Simple Linearisation of the Self-shrinking Generator
Nowadays stream ciphers are the fastest among the encryption procedures, thus they are performed in many practical applications. Irregularly decimated generators are very simple sequence generators to be used as keystream generators in stream ciphers. In this paper, a linearisation method for the self-shrinking generator has been developed. The proposal defines linear structures based on cellular automata (rules 102 or 60) able to generate the self-shrunken sequence. The obtained cellular automata are simple, easy to be implemented and can be extended to other sequence generators in a range of cryptographic interest.
KeywordsSelf-shrinking generator Self-shrunken sequence Cellular automata Rule 102 Rule 60 Stream cipher Cryptography
- 2.Bluetooth, Specifications of the Bluetooth system, Version 1.1. http://www.bluetooth.com/
- 3.eSTREAM, the ECRYPT Stream Cipher Project, Call for Primitives. http://www.ecrypt.eu.org/stream/
- 4.Yet Another SSL (YASSL). http://www.yassl.com
- 11.Das, A.K., Ganguly, A., Dasgupta, A., Bhawmik, S., Chaudhuri, P.P.: Efficient characterisation of cellular automata. IEE Proc. E: Comput. Digit. Tech. 137(1), 81–87 (1990)Google Scholar
- 15.Wolfram, S.: Cellular automata as simple self-organizing system. Caltrech preprint CALT 68–938 (1982)Google Scholar