An Adaptive Multi-resolution State Lattice Approach for Motion Planning with Uncertainty
- 3k Downloads
In this paper we present a reliable motion planner that takes into account the kinematic restrictions, the shape of the robot and the motion uncertainty along the path. Our approach is based on a state lattice that predicts the uncertainty along the paths and obtains the one which minimizes both the probability of collision and the cost. The uncertainty model takes into account the stochasticity in motion and observations and the corrective effect of using a Linear Quadratic Gaussian controller. Moreover, we introduce an adaptive multi-resolution lattice that selects the most adequate resolution for each area of the map based on its complexity. Experimental results, for several environments and robot shapes, show the reliability of the planner and the effectiveness of the multi-resolution approach for decreasing the complexity of the search.
KeywordsMotion planning State lattice Multi-resolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alterovitz, R., Siméon, T., Goldberg, K.: The stochastic motion roadmap: a sampling framework for planning with Markov motion uncertainty. In: Robotics: Science and Systems, pp. 246–253 (2007)Google Scholar
- 2.Bry, A., Roy, N.: Rapidly-exploring random belief trees for motion planning under uncertainty. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 723–730 (2011)Google Scholar
- 3.González-Sieira, A., Mucientes, M., Bugarín, A.: Anytime motion replanning in state lattices for wheeled robots. In: Workshop on Physical Agents (WAF), pp. 217–224 (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Knepper, R., Kelly, A.: High performance state lattice planning using heuristic look-up tables. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 3375–3380 (2006)Google Scholar
- 9.Likhachev, M., Ferguson, D., Gordon, G., Stentz, A., Thrun, S.: Anytime dynamic A*: an anytime, replanning algorithm. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (ICAPS), pp. 262–271 (2005)Google Scholar
- 10.Melchior, N.A., Simmons, R.: Particle RRT for path planning with uncertainty. In: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 1617–1624 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Pivtoraiko, M., Kelly, A.: Differentially constrained motion replanning using state lattices with graduated fidelity. In: IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), pp. 2611–2616 (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Rodriguez-Mier, P., Gonzalez-Sieira, A., Mucientes, M., Lama, M., Bugarin, A.: Hipster: An open source java library for heuristic search. In: 2014 9th Iberian Conference on Information Systems and Technologies (CISTI), pp. 1–6. IEEE (2014)Google Scholar