Smarter Electricity and Argumentation Theory
- 303 Downloads
The current, widespread introduction of smart electricity meters is resulting in large datasets’ becoming available, but there is as yet little in the way of advanced data analytics and visualization tools, or recommendation software for changes in contracts or user behaviour, which use this data. In this paper we present an integrated tool which combines the use of abstract argumentation theory with linear optimization algorithms, to achieve some of these ends.
KeywordsElectricity Consumption Argumentation Theory Abstract Argumentation Power Usage Argumentation Framework
Work was funded by EPSRC grant EP/J020915/1 (TRaDAr: Transparent Rational Decisions by Argumentation).
- 1.Baroni, P., Giacomin, M.: Semantics of Abstract Argumentation Systems. In: Rahwan, I., Simari, G.R. (eds.) Argumentation in Artificial Intelligence, pp. 25–44. Springer, Berlin (2009)Google Scholar
- 2.Canocchi, C.: Price comparison websites ’hide cheapest energy deals’ (2014). http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-2799949/price-comparison-websites-hide-cheapest-energy-deals-claims-rival.html
- 3.Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Household electricity study, ev0702 (2009–2012). http://randd.defra.gov.uk/Default.aspx?Module=More&ProjectID=17359
- 5.Kelly, J.: Disaggregating smart meter readings using device signatures. M.Sc. thesis, Department of Computing, Imperial College London (2011)Google Scholar
- 6.Kelly, J., Knottenbelt, W.: UK-DALE: a dataset recording UK domestic appliance-level electricity demand and whole-house demand. ArXiv e-prints (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Lung, T.: Smart electricity recommendations. M.Sc. thesis, Department of Computing, Imperial College London (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Makriyiannis, M.: Smart electricity by argumentation. M.Eng. thesis, Department of Computing, Imperial College London (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.The European Commission: Energy: Commission paves the way for massive roll-out of smart metering systems (2012). http://ec.europa.eu/energy/gas_electricity/smartgrids/doc/20120309_smart_grids_press_release.pdf
- 10.The Guardian: Smart energy meters in every uk home by 2020 (2009). http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2009/may/11/smart-meters-energy-efficiency
- 11.The Guardian: Energy uk warns that household bills could rise by 50 % over six years (2013). http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/nov/12/energy-uk-warns-50-percent-rise-household-bills
- 12.The Observer: Energy bills rise by 37 % in three years (2013). http://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/nov/16/energy-prices-rise