An Overview of the IMCOP System Architecture with Selected Intelligent Utilities Emphasized
The paper presents an overview of the IMCOP system which refers to the general modern idea of intelligent discovering and sharing the multimedia content using the Internet. An extended background within the framework of the subject matter is presented at the beginning. The main components of the IMCOP system as well as concept of complex multimedia objects known as the CMO objects are introduced then. Categories of applied web services with an insight into the tasks they were designated to are farther also described in details. Finally, performance aspects of the IMCOP system are reported. The conclusion includes a summary of IMCOP’s advantages as well as discussion about its drawbacks with an insight into potential future improvements.
KeywordsContent discovery and data enrichment platform Multimedia indexing Complex multimedia objects DEEP Cloud computing Content delivery
This work was supported by The Polish National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR), as a part of the EUREKA Project no. E! II/PL-IL/10/01A/2012.
- 1.http://research.wstkt.pl/?page_id=27. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 3.http://www.deepmagazines.com/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 4.http://www.viaccess-orca.com/resource-center/white-papers/462-going-deep-into-discovery.html. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 5.http://www.outbrain.com/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 6.http://taboola.com/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 7.http://datasift.com/platform/data-enrichments/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 8.https://rekognition.com/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 9.http://www.viddler.com/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 10.http://www.imdb.com/x-ray/. Accessed on 10 August 2015
- 11.Baran, R., Wiraszka, D., Dziech W.: Scalar quantization in the PWL transform spectrum domain. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematical Methods in Electromagnetic Theory, pp. 218−221 (2000). http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MMET.2000.888560
- 14.Romaniak, P., Janowski, L., Leszczuk, M., Papir, Z.: Perceptual quality assessment for H.264/AVC compression. In: Proceedings of Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), pp. 597–602 (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CCNC.2012.6181021