Dynamics in Linked Data Environments
Linked Data resources represent things in the world, which change over time, i. e. the resources are dynamic. We want to address open questions in building complex applications that consume and interact with Linked Data resources. Applications that consume Linked Data need to know about the dynamics of Linked Data to efficiently obtain fresh data to build their logic on. To address this problem of freshness, we set up a study to observe the dynamics of Linked Data on the Web and provide insights into the dynamics of Linked Data on the Web. Increasingly, the Web not only provides read-only Linked Data resources, but also writeable Linked Data resources. We develop a model for dynamics in the context of writeable Linked Data such that complex applications can be built on this model. We last present an observer that tracks the execution of applications that interact with multiple Linked Data resources.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bates, P.: Debugging heterogeneous distributed systems using event-based models of behavior. In: ACM SIGPlan Notices, pp. 11–22 (1988)Google Scholar
- 7.Käfer, T., Umbrich, J., Hogan, A., Polleres, A.: Towards a dynamic linked data observatory. In: Proc. of the 5th LDOW Workshop at the 21st WWW (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Keppmann, F.L., Käfer, T., Stadtmüller, S., Schubotz, R., Harth, A.: High performance linked data processing for virtual reality environments. In: Poster & Demo Proc. of the 13th ISWC, Riva del Garda, Italy (2014)Google Scholar
- 9.Keppmann, F.L., Käfer, T., Stadtmüller, S., Schubotz, R., Harth, A.: Integrating highly dynamic RESTful linked data APIs in a virtual reality environment. In: Poster & Demo Proc. of the 13th ISMAR, Munich, Germany (2014)Google Scholar
- 10.Rekatsinas, T., Dong, X.L., Srivastava, D.: Characterizing and selecting fresh data sources. In: Proc. of SIGMOD, pp. 919–930 (2014)Google Scholar
- 12.Stadtmüller, S., Speiser, S., Harth, A., Studer, R.: Data-Fu: a language and an interpreter for interaction with read/write linked data. In: Proc. of the 22nd WWW, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, pp. 1225–1236 (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Umbrich, J., Hausenblas, M., Hogan, A., Polleres, A., Decker, S.: Towards dataset dynamics: change frequency of linked open data sources. In: Proc. of the 3rd LDOW Workshop at the 19th WWW (2010)Google Scholar